*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726243-Psychocybernetics
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#726243 added June 14, 2011 at 10:52pm
Restrictions: None
Psychocybernetics
Psychocybernetics

I have lots of tools and can fix damn near anything. If I don’t know how I can buy a “How Too” book and go from there. The problem isn’t having the knowledge, its having the will. I can afford the materials and have learned around here to do things by myself. The problem is summoning the desire.

Once I used to fix things for the sheer joy of the project. These days my enthusiasm has a bit of an attitude problem and it’s becoming harder and harder to summon up the energy. I have a mental “To Do” list and a task has to hover near the top for several days before I force myself to do it.

I find the use of Psychcybernetics useful in this regard. I trick my computer brain into thinking a task is life threatening and then it calls forth the minions and we get the job done. Our brain is dumb like that and can’t separate truth from a pack of imagined bull and responds to both regardless of whether or not the problem is real or imagined.

To understand what I’m getting at, have you ever seen a movie and when you walked you were still enthused and mentally emulating the hero…Your brain thought the experience was real and was finding resources to get you ready for action. This is particularly evident in young children who see a move and jump about still under the action of the magic of the silver screen.

I would explain the technique to you but you would think me juvenile and in bad need of professional help. It involves programming your mind to think you are simply great rather than a worthless piece of you know what.

“I need some of that…..!” I hear resonating from the ether of the spirit world which forms a bond with the corporate identity of mankind. If you really do than the great Wizard, Percy Goodfellow, will provide a quick tutorial, (If the public outcry from my vast readership is sufficiently loud) and you too will be able to get your butt moving by feeding a bunch of totally false information into your bio-processor. It worked for Dorothy and her friends in the Wizard of OZ…..Why not you?

© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726243-Psychocybernetics