*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726375-Homeward-Bound
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#726375 added June 17, 2011 at 2:10pm
Restrictions: None
Homeward Bound
In some ways our time in America seems a long and very full period of time. In other ways it’s passed by very quickly and now here we are on the Atlantic and rapidly heading back to Southampton. The weather so far has been very kind, enabling a few outdoor swims and hot tub sessions for my friend June and I. Although we've lost five hours before reaching Southampton, we've tried to relax and unwind a bit.

Reality will hit home pretty soon. There’ll be mounds of laundry to wash, mounds of cases to unpack, mounds of mail to sort out, mounds of shopping to do and mounds of weight to lose. Five course meals on board and American dinners do little for the waistline.

Thank goodness nothing dramatic has happened while we’ve been away as far as I know. So, another twenty-four hours and it will be back to humdrum, trivia and the price of carrots.

Complaints and photographs to be posted in due course.

© Copyright 2011 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726375-Homeward-Bound