*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726392-Eclipse-a-real-one-and-swallows
by RICH
Rated: E · Book · Hobby/Craft · #1584786
Blogging, to take over the world.
#726392 added June 16, 2011 at 3:37pm
Restrictions: None
Eclipse.. a real one, and swallows.
15 June 2011 @ 2022 : an eclipse of the moon started; lasting till 0002.

That is 2 minutes after 12 o'clock (midnight) for the time-infirmed, and cold enough to freeze anything off a brass monkey.

I chickened out of the complete show, did peek at a few stages, tried a few photos - which flopped big time - and watched the news replay. All and all, if you have seen one, .... there will be another in 2012, if we are still here or not.

Swallows, there was a few swallows flying around today, didn't anybody tell them that this is the middle of winter, there should be no food. Well, I did see a fly today, in the house, and a few flies in the iguana's quarters, there are not supposed to be flies either.

And a great, big, brown, eagle; flying over the marsh, looking for a meal. Hovering, darting, flirting around, would better describe the flight. Still have to see if it was an eagle or a falcon. It was impressive, against a stiff breeze, a mere 30 yards in front of me.

That was while I was watching my neighbors ostriches through the binoculars. Can I say; finders keepers? They were on the other side of the marsh, on our farm. (I have ostriches!)

The ostriches must have been spooked into jumping the fence, as they have never crossed into our farm. There are rumors about people hunting with dogs. The group consists of four ostriches (a pair and two off-spring), and these were only the two. Prince went to look, did not see the other two. Tomorrow, we will search again.

Ah, and there's an emu around. We almost had it. Due to certain mis-placed decisions, it managed to slip away from us. Maybe - next time.

Also, the warthogs are still around. For how long, nobody would know, as they are in the area of the poachers.


Four funerals and a wedding.

This should be the title of my next blog.

Prince is now formally engaged. That means a pending wedding.

Did I hear someone laughing, and at my expense?


"Elephant in the room" is an English metaphorical idiom for an obvious truth that is being ignored or goes unaddressed. The idiomatic expression also applies to an obvious problem or risk no one wants to discuss.[1] (Wiki)


And I thought I had problems ?

Who said anything about 'writing' ?

Add to the list, this was also Youth Day - another public holiday.



© Copyright 2011 RICH (UN: j2rr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RICH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726392-Eclipse-a-real-one-and-swallows