*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/727301-June-28-I-have-survived
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#727301 added June 28, 2011 at 3:47pm
Restrictions: None
June 28 I have survived
It is Tuesday and I have survived the first hectic days of Campmeeting. Saturday I was up at 5:00 AM to start cooking breakfast. I cook the sausages and make scrambled eggs. We fed about 97 that morning. Then dinner was Spaghetti for about 100 people.


Sunday morning was the first formal start day, with breakfast, then choir quickie and the morning service. We fed 597 people in 1 hour and 30 minutes. The menu was Chicken fried steak with country gravy,fish with fries and baked chicken. We thenin the evening, fed about 300 in the Restaurant the same menu and the Snack Bar made up the difference. We serve about 16-18,000 meals in 16 days. That is more than most restaurants do in a year.


Monday was a doozy. Up at 5:00 for breakfast, went to my regular job at 9:00 until 5:00pm then home, quick change into Concert Black and to church for our annual Mid Summer Concert.


It was beautiful. The orchestra played the three numbers that included the Barber of Seville. An ensemble played a pizzicato number that everyone would recognize. A couple of solos and then the choir sang 3 songs. The best of the night was a solo and the Celtic Amazing Grace! My sister recorded it for me again but I put the last one on Youtube. Our orchestra played it along with Denise playing the flute and Jonathan on the bagpipes. I tear up every time I watch it. Last night was no exception. There isn't a song I know of that moves me like this one. Not only the beautiful arrangement, but the manner in which it is played. These are not professional players. Just regular people who love music and love to share it with others. When I get the copy of this years rendition, I will post it on Youtube.


Immediately after the concert we rushed to the restaurant to serve up strawberry shortcake to anyone who wanted to have a bite to eat and have fellowhship.That was about 180 people. I didn't get home until 11:30 and up again this morning at 5.


I am so thankful that I love the Lord, because He gives me strength to do these things that I love doing. I have great people that step in and work when they are asked. They pick up any slack and let me know if I have forgotten something or just do it themselves. How I love having friends in the church you can count on.


© Copyright 2011 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/727301-June-28-I-have-survived