*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/727805-Traditions
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1789627
30 Day Blogging Challenge
#727805 added July 3, 2011 at 7:18pm
Restrictions: None
Traditions
Every country has its prestigious traditions.
Some of those are our favorites.
In the community you live now enumerate
the good traditions you and your family are
anxious to celebrate.



I am not particularly imbued with or captivated by tradition on a personal level. I find traditions are interesting to analyse and look at from a historical social/ psychological point of view.

In England there is a lot of traditions. Guy Fawkes night is an interesting one, celebrating a mercenary who had come back from war to blow up King James 1st and he hoped, most of parliament. The impetus being persecution of the Catholics.

Quite a convoluted situation and circumstance now reduced to {no one really knowing the details of Guy Fawks night} popping along to watch an effigy of a man burn on top of a bonfire and pretty lights exploding in the sky.

I think this may be an example of the key to why man keeps making the same mistakes. The majority do not know the history of things, or why things are the way they are and so have no hold or understanding on where to begin to change it.


Paper Doll Angel
"I am a Rising Star!" glass image.

© Copyright 2011 Finn O'Flaherty (UN: fin333 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Finn O'Flaherty has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/727805-Traditions