*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728156-Music
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1789627
30 Day Blogging Challenge
#728156 added July 7, 2011 at 6:35pm
Restrictions: None
Music
Music can be inspirational.
Has music ever inspired you to write or to create?
If so, what music inspires you the most? Any particular song(s) or artist(s)?
If not, what inspires you to write?


I am surrounded by musicians in friends and family and have worked with musicians in the past,I have been exposed to many different types of music. These here are only a few that I have found inspirational and found myself listening to over and over again..

Bach's violin concertos are just transcendent. His violin concerto in A minor is such a story of lament and bitter sweet emotion balanced on the trembling delicacy of a string strung across a bridge tempered by a bow and the skilled hand of a musical craftsman. It makes you weep yet as it develops you feel the underlying strength and it brings you with it in to tenderness. Truly Amazing!
His violin concerto in E major is the antithesis of it. Bright blasts of choral violin blasting speedy joy at you. I find it so uplifting. My father introduced me to Bach when I was young and I have loved wrapping my mind in his musical landscape ever since. I find it lifts my spirit and makes me feel creative particularly frees my mind for ideas for writing to emerge.

Another favorite music is reggae music is has been a major soundtrack to my life. Bob Marley particularly -the tones in his voice and the wise words he sings resonate. He had/has a message of love and wisdom for the world. Listening to his music is uplifting and spiritual. Kaya is one of my favorite albums of his.

"Your running and your running and your running away, but you can't run away from yourself."


I have most of Blurs output, an intelligent and meaningful English band who's catalogue, over the years, has maintained its quality and diversity. This also applies to another genius band whose music spans the mind and makes you think and laugh is the group that did the title music to 'Father Ted', 'The Divine Comedy'.

Burt Bacharach is just brilliant to listen to. His melodies are so convoluted and complex they are notoriously difficult to sing. My favorite artist singing his songs is Elvis Costello who does brilliant interpretations that draw you in living the life of the song. It takes you on a journey, sparking empathy, and understanding.


Music is definitely one of the keys to a happy existence, life cannot exist without music it relates directly to the heart soul and brain, it is a sacred language that affects us in all sorts of ways.






Paper Doll Angel
"I am a Rising Star!" glass image.

© Copyright 2011 Finn O'Flaherty (UN: fin333 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Finn O'Flaherty has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728156-Music