*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728308-Day-9---Its-The-End-Of-The-World-As-We-Know-it
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1523686
Nothing like a fortune cookie to make a year intriguing.
#728308 added July 9, 2011 at 11:51pm
Restrictions: None
Day 9 - It's The End Of The World As We Know it
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Day 9: End Of The World
December 21, 2012 is supposed to be the end of the world. Do you think it will it be a cataclysmic shift of Earth itself, a transformative shift in human consciousness, or something else?

Prompt Creator: Prosperous Snow celebrating

         R.E.M. moment - forgive me. This is touching a subject close to my heart. Much to my significant other's chagrin, Eschatology (End of the World Studies) is a hobby of mine. There's something about how people view the end of the world, some karmically while other view simply as inevitable. Concepts like 12/21/12 being the end of times effecting the cultural dynamic becomes more and more as a phenomenon as the time draws closer. Much like the pastor in my home state that said this past May was the beginning of the end, only to see the day pass by like any other. What was more remarkable than the prediction was the national media coverage.

         I think when December 21st comes along in 2012 there will be a transformative shift in human consciousness whether the world does end or not. In a way, I think the world is looking for a vast change, and the date gives everyone something to work with. Using this date makes if feel more like destiny or self-sustaining prophecy. I think the change has already happening. The cultural wave, I believe, will only be a matter of time.

         While studying Mesoamerican Art, my professor attempted to teach us how to read the calendar. This is extremely difficult to do in only a few hours. It is believe that Mayans had specialists who dedicated their lives to telling time through the stars and predict changes and obstacles from the Gods. As I joke, I asked my professor if maybe, instead of time simply ending, the specialists just got bored and left the rest to the next generation. I'd get bored with it too after a while, lol.

         What will happen? Time will tell. At least, as a community of writers, we'll all be together to discuss it. *Wink*

© Copyright 2011 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728308-Day-9---Its-The-End-Of-The-World-As-We-Know-it