*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728447-Authors-who-have-inspired-you
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1789627
30 Day Blogging Challenge
#728447 added July 11, 2011 at 10:28pm
Restrictions: None
Authors who have inspired you
Day 10 Who are the authors who have inspired you work?

Reading Ouspensky a Russian esoteric philosopher inspired me to look deep in to the human mind. He taught me that everyone is sleeping and even prefer not to awaken as it takes deep effort for the human race to awaken from its slumber. Most people find it easier to stick with their robotic formation of thought and action. Habitual, comfortable. Children are the nearest to the spark of life and are crushed by the adults in their expression and form, but nobody knows any better, as we are all asleep. 'His book The Fourth way' Explores ways of thought and action to jump start the mind in to wakefulness.It made a big impression when I happened upon it at 19. He inspired me to wake up!
It is not for me a any way near definitive look at existence, I don't think that is contained in one book. Maybe the 'tao te ching' by Loa Tzu gets close.


In literature there are so many writers at different times in my life that have been extraordinary in their words and ideas. Shakespeare has to be one . I have worked with a lot of Shakespeare finding the voice and meaning of the characters and situations. I think Macbeth has to be one of his best expositions of the human character. Shakespeare exposes the flaws and tragedy that lies within selfishness, greed and a desire for power. It was a shocking revelation to me the depths to which people will and do go to achieve their secret aims and desires.

Beryl Bainbridge has inspired me with her writing style in her short stories, her perceptive descriptive skills and quirkiness draws you completely in to her narrative.I think I will pop back and add to this later.


Paper Doll Angel
"I am a Rising Star!" glass image.

© Copyright 2011 Finn O'Flaherty (UN: fin333 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Finn O'Flaherty has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728447-Authors-who-have-inspired-you