*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728889-Day-17---Choices
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1523686
Nothing like a fortune cookie to make a year intriguing.
#728889 added July 18, 2011 at 10:21pm
Restrictions: None
Day 17 - Choices
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Day 17: Choices, choices.
ARE YOU A SKIRT OR A PANTS PERSON?
HOW HOT IS IT WHERE YOU LIVE?
HAS ONLINE RESEARCH CHANGED?

Prompt Creator: Secret Judge


Are you a skirt or a pants person?
         I have to say that I"m mostly a pants person. I've grown up with brothers and a mother who only wear pants. I'm a tomboy at heart. You can't slide into second base with a skirt. There's a sense of practicality that They're easy to move in and you never have to worry about shaving your legs. However, there are moments when skirts are desired. Summertime can be oppressive with the heat, especially when you live in an agricultural bowl. On the days so hot that you're sweating before 10 o'clock in the morning, I want something that's easy to wear and not heavy like jeans. Don't tell my brothers or I'll lose my cool card.

How hot is it where you live?
         Currently, I live about 15 miles from the ocean. Usually the summers aren't so bad. The weather can actually get pretty boring throughout the year. However, the past couple of weeks have been extremely humid. Climate change, gotta love it. When I used to live back in Bakersfield, the weather was so hot that we fried eggs on the asphalt for fun. Sizzling. Now that I'm headed up to the Pacific Northwest, I'm looking forward to some cooler weather.

Has online research changed?
         Absolutely. Online research has become more accessible to the everyone. We can share so much information that there's very little lag time between question and answer. If you want to know who that actor was in the movie you just saw, just Google it. It's a matter of seconds. This is fantastic and not-so-great. Now, it's not a matter of information but of accuracy. What information is fact and what information is speculation? One thing for sure is that online research is ever-evolving. It'll be fascinating to see what happens next.

© Copyright 2011 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728889-Day-17---Choices