*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/729565-Repritorizing-the-Honey-Doo-List
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#729565 added July 24, 2011 at 8:33am
Restrictions: None
Repritorizing the Honey-Doo List
Repritorizing the Honey-Doo List.

Well this morning I broke into the 170’s for the first time in a while. 179.6 to be exact and I danced a little jig. My wife called a few minutes ago and I couldn’t wait to share the good news. The hospital at Marshfield is full to overflowing…the heat wave probably has something to do with it.

There is a chemical used in automotive restoration called POR-15. It converts rust and gives the metal an undercoated, black look. It is expensive…a veritable liquid gold. Whenever I open a can I try to have enough projects lined up to use it all up because if you get the product in the sealing groove of the can it becomes almost impossible to open it again. Thus you dip it out with a ladle to keep it from getting into the lip of the lid seal.

Yesterday I took what was left of a can and painted a frame I picked up recently in a salvage yard. It was to a 1953 Ford, F-6 Service Truck. It was straight as a die and the owner of the yard sold it to me for scrap value. Not only was it still straight but it had remarkably little rust and so I coated it to preserve its possible use in the future. As I was working I was thinking of what I could put on it. If this stuff gets on your hands it is almost impossible to get off so I used latex gloves and mineral spirits to clean up as I go along. What I failed to realize was that I got a little splatter on my face and don’t you know, I didn’t realize it until I came in for the evening? I swear I look like a chimney sweep and my wife is going to scream when she sees me again on Sunday Evening.

Today is “Dump Day.” For those of you living in the Metropolitan Areas, Dump Day is when the Township opens the Land Fill and allows it’s residents to throw their garbage into a line of dumpsters. We have become very recycling conscious out here and there are dumpsters for newspapers, plastics, aluminum cans, and general garbage. These have to be put in special white bags or you get chewed out by the dump policeman who is not an elected official. Actually he is a very nice fellow and gives my dogs a treat. He is particularly fond of my golden doodle, Honey.

Today I intend to do some yard work and repair a fender for the 1940 Ford. That will be a challenge because the rust and corrosion is around the headlight and hard to get close to.

© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/729565-Repritorizing-the-Honey-Doo-List