*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/729821-Humid-Houston
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#729821 added July 27, 2011 at 4:27am
Restrictions: None
Humid Houston
Just to confuse everyone and keep Kåre Enga in Montana on his toes, I'll post this next stage of our trip on a Wednesday, rather than the usual Tuesday. *Shock* No one can accuse me of being inflexible or predictable and I like to convey an air of mystery. *Rolleyes*

Our intended stay after Miami was San Diego, but in order to reach it we had to choose a stopover place as there were no direct flights. I suggested Houston because then I could add Texas to my list of States visited and also have the opportunity to say, 'Houston, we have a problem.' However, thankfully we didn't. We were only there for two nights, so there's not a lot to write about or many photos of interest.

After the bright lights and noise of Miami, Houston was a very welcome change. Although hot, it was bearable and the warm evenings such a novelty to someone who can only generally sit outside for a few nights every year. It was very clean, quiet and although there wasn't much to do in the area we stayed in it gave us a chance to relax and catch up.

Besides, our hotel was fabulous; without a doubt the best we stayed in anywhere and not overly expensive at that. Huge rooms with kitchen areas, free breakfast, very friendly staff and an indoor swimming pool and spa. That kept me happy during our stay and also gave me a little welcome space, as hubby can't swim. My only complaint being with Memorial weekend on the horizon, there were a few too many children about, but when was anything ever perfect?

Across the road was a huge Macys store which also kept me happy for a few hours. The second day I discovered the Macys store led into a huge shopping mall, which kept me even happier. Hubby was quite happy to sit and wait inside or outside shops, providing he later got to eat and drink at a delightful Argentinian cafe we discovered just down the road. So, we didn't stray far or see a great deal, but I'd certainly like to explore more of Texas. Not in the summer however after reading of the temperatures of late.

Early the next morning we were packed and shuttled to the airport, where we'd have to change at Denver before arriving in San Diego, but that's an entry for another time, be it Tuesday, Wednesday or even a different day. *Shock*

Update on present times. Hubby seemed to be picking up a bit this last weekend, but yesterday had yet another attack of whatever it is which rendered him prostrate in bed, then stuck in his chair all day. The doctor can only fit him in for blood tests on Friday, so I suspect by the time they actually diagnose whatever it is and prescribe treatment, it will probably have cured itself. Sadly, there's no cure for my going round the bend and up the wall attack, so I shall self medicate today and go shopping with my friend, followed by the pub. I doubt I'll feel better in the morning, but tomorrow is another day. Photo link below.

https://picasaweb.google.com/Eyupmeduck/HoustonMay2011?authuser=0&feat=directlin...

© Copyright 2011 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/729821-Humid-Houston