*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/729880-The-Air-Show
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#729880 added July 27, 2011 at 9:44pm
Restrictions: None
The Air Show
The Air Show

I didn’t do a blog yesterday. I got up early and went to the air show in Oshkosh. It was quite an experience. Oshkosh is only about an hour and a half east of my place. I got there about nine AM.

If you ever want to see every shape, manner and description of airplanes I recommend the show…. To think of the money invested in those beautiful machines that were parked over acres and acres. Being an aviator is not something that interests me but they are machines and I like those and many of the aircraft were homebuilt. There were many workshops being offered to the public on the various aspects of building a flying machine.

There were classes on sewing the fabric on wings and fuselages, on using rivets to skin an airplane and classes on many of the welding processes. One class given on TIG welding was particularly informative and I learned a great deal about many of the things I am doing wrong. I think I will get a how-to book on TIG to make sure I remember all the dumb mistakes I’ve been making…No wonder I can’t TIG weld….. Or that I am not a great welder when it comes to any of the processes.

Recently I bought a Henrob 2000 light welding gas torch at the Iola Car show. In the process of talking to the owner, Mark, he is trying to get me interested in a franchise. The problem I have is that my skills in gas welding even with this great little torch are so remedial I can’t see myself demonstrating the process to the range of interested people from experts to total novices. Mark says, not to worry, just practice a few minutes each day the expertise will come but he agreed I need to practice… I will and see if I notice any serious improvement. Sill it was fun talking to the customers who came by the booth and when Mark and Bob were tied up my job was to engage them in conversation until either of them could free up and give them the real expert individual attention they were looking for.

This morning I slept late and went out and practiced a little welding. This afternoon we went to the Wisconsin Dells and say the movie, “Captain America.” There was nothing socially redeemable about the flick but it was fun to watch as action movies go and Linda and I had a good time. Plus we had a good meal at the “Cracker Barrel “ restaurant. I really like the veggies they serve and the portions are just right for a senior citizen.

The past two days have been heavily overcast and getting on the internet via Google and the satellite have been difficult. Plus there is a hedge bush that has gotten out of control and grow up around my satellite dish.

As I type I can see the cats starting to gather for the evening meal. There is Frankie, Moon pie, Doodle and our newest addition, Felix, who turned out to be female. She is going to the vet tomorrow morning to get fixed. Then Linda wants to go to Wausau and I will browse around Barnes and Noble. I love that store.

© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/729880-The-Air-Show