*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/730008-Hectic-Thrusdays
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#730008 added July 29, 2011 at 2:44pm
Restrictions: None
Hectic Thrusdays
Hectic Thursdays

I try and stay out of technicians way when the are doing work for me. Up to a point that is. If I have a car being worked on I drop in once a week to make sure progress is being made and if it isn’t after a couple of weeks I politely thank the shop and get my creation the heck out of there. There are good shops and bad shops and you have to give them some opportunity to show which one they are before they get too deep into your wallet.

I have gotten pretty good at figuring out who to do business with. Pfeiffer who runs a general automotive garage is a great value. He told me up front that he was only going to work on my car as a filler and if that wasn’t acceptable he would not feel offended. When he does find time I get a break on the shop rate and he does first class work.

I spoke about the glass guys I scouted who knew less about glass than I did until I finally found a good shop in Stephens Point. Today we went by and I looked in on the progress. The front windshield panels are in as is the rear window and the side windows and vents are about ready for final installation. What a beautiful job they are doing.

The day started with taking Felix to the Vet. They asked me if I had an emergency contact number…. Now don’t get me wrong, I like Felix but if she were to expire out on the operating table it would not be the same as a wife, son or daughter. I try and not get too attached to the cats… like I did with Dark Vader (Get it Dark Vader?) she was my first walk on cat and she loved me. I used to go out and comb her and she would purr like there was no tomorrow. I hated it when she got run over in front of the house…. It was mad Alice Malarkey, barreling over the hill who whacked her…. The same woman that buried her husband out under the power lines behind her house… This area is pretty loose on burials… Linda called when we got home and Felix came through the procedure just fine.

The Hospital called and want Linda to come in early tomorrow morning so she is busy ironing and getting ready. We went to Barnes and Noble and I got a welding book that I will be reading this weekend. Then we ate at Olive Garden which has a good salad and I ordered a small spaghetti….couldn’t finish it. My stomach must be shrinking. It was a good day… except for the politicians and the budget fiasco. I won’t go there…

I came home and practiced my gas and TIG Welding… That TIG welder is really something… I cranked it down to ten (10) amps and was welding stuff almost as thin as beer cans. I hope I can get that good with the gas welder. Mark and Bob proved to me it was possible at the Air Show and I need to improve a whole lot before I even consider a franchise.

© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/730008-Hectic-Thrusdays