*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/730816-over-a-month-and-here-goes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1008111
My attempt to Journal in public- I may get shy or not. Let's see.
#730816 added August 6, 2011 at 3:23pm
Restrictions: None
over a month and here goes
Ok, so it is now more than a month later. Now what to mention...oh yeah, I am putting off doing some work. No surprise to those who know me. I loved Douglas Adams for his putting into words how I feel about deadlines. It goes something like this, " I love deadlines, I love the whistling sound they make as they whoosh by your ear.", or something along those lines. I could go look it up and get it precise, but that is not what off the cuff writing like this expects. If you really want to get it right, feel free to go look it up yourself ( a line I got drilled in my head from 1st grade on... way back in the dark ages before Google and Bing and Yahoo!!!). The expectation was that you would head to a nearby bookshelf ( or library), find the biggest book there ( i.e., a dictionary), then open the book searching yourself through all the words. Or, in this case, the book of quoatations. Now, I have to admit, I do like the internet for some things. But, I am still not going to look it up for you... either trust me or come back later.

How is my life going? At least the part that might do well in public. Which brings up another thing I should mention, the advice given me when very young, by my dad. "Never do anything you can't tell your mother." Now, that was kind of a nice guide word, and it makes me wonder how many Congress-critters have mothers? Yes, the Jim Hightower term may have given away how utterly disgusted I was with the past month on the national scene. And, what is amazing to me is how many people I vehemently disagree with on many topics... agree with me on this one. However, I don't need to head of a political rant or diatribe in a blog about self-absorption and my stuff... so on to the next me category. That is what seems to me to be the true American way... this IS ALL ABOUT ME...yes?

I am not sure how to go about mentioning this, and I don't remember whether or not I have brought it up publicly or not, but I have a semi-terminal blood disorder. It isn't quite leukemia, just a very close cousin. I feel so "lucky" only about 4,000 people a year get diagnosed with it, and now for profit insurance companies give me a VERY wide berth. They behave a lot like ex-romantic partners you may have caught with a sibling or something. They don't call, they don't write, and they sure don't look you in the eye. I don't really blame them, they HAVE to make a PROFIT... and let's face it, some one who has a 10% chance of getting cured just isn't a future profit point for them. I could live a long time... in terms of myleofibrosis (the name of my thingy) I have lived a long time already. So, future statistics are not on keeping things affordable for anyone involved.

Now, I don't need to feel sorry for myself... I am tempted, but I did make a decision to leave a corporate drone job for a small mom and mom operation that can't afford to provide insurance, but feeds my brain and soul with "right livelihood" - a more than just compensation. The work I do actually benefits society in ways that are not noticed until you are waiting for an ambulance to show up. The company I work for ( which shall remain sort of nameless here for now) helps that process behind the scenes. I am very glad to be working there. However, I am taking my chances with medical stuff and health. I get to walk a lot, I eat right, and I will die anyway... it is sort of a human condition we all face, the difference is I am reminded of it all the time.

Anyway, time is about up for today, I really should get to work on my presentation. It will be more successful, if less entertaining, if I get it written out before hand. I was once told that when you are trying to write something, you house will never be cleaner... that is how I am feeling now. Also, all my other writing is about to get caught up... oh well, life does go on. I just wonder if it was just a coincidence that "Beyond Belief" came on when I was watching TV and talked about life after death, for a reason...

© Copyright 2011 thatBobguy (UN: bobwatkins at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
thatBobguy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/730816-over-a-month-and-here-goes