*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/730881-New-Novel-and-Book-Reading-Update
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1342524
Reading, Writing, Pondering: Big Life Themes, Literature, Contemporary/Historical Issues
#730881 added August 7, 2011 at 2:17pm
Restrictions: None
New Novel! and Book Reading Update
I had yet another experience this morning of Inspiration of the type that began the writing of The Testament Logging Corporation Chronicles on Dec. 9, 2009, almost 20 months in the past. That series, by March 20, 2010, had two full novels (The Phantom Logging Operation and The Haunted Greenhouse) and Book Three was at approximately 22 chapters between March 20 and 31, 2010, but was put on hold to write a stage play for April 2010 Script Frenzy; to research and begin to write a Civil War series in April and May 2010; to begin on an urban fantasy novel (Finding the Abandoned Child) in early June 2010. Due to my emotional grief over the Gulf, I sort of stopped writing at all under NaNoWriMo in November 2010, which I won (upwards of 50,000 words) on a historical science fiction, which like Book Three above and Abandoned Child remain as yet unfinished. Since I'm inspired now toward Book Four of The Testament Logging Corporation and have been for a couple weeks thinking about the next book which is to be a historical perspective on one of the characters threading throughout the series, my other novel-in-progress, begun May 31, 2011 (Magpie Peggy and the Serial Killer) and two more of serious interest on which I have been planning and researching since the end of May, will also be on hiatus for now. Perhaps one of those (since I haven't begun to actually write on either) can be picked up for 2011 NaNoWriMo this November! *Wink* I'm also thinking that Book Three-which has another problem in that I am having difficulty facing up to one of its more serious themes-may become a novella..We shall see. I do believe I have something important to say in it, so I'm sure that even though Book Four is demanding to be let in the door (I'm so glad, I really enjoyed the hero-protagonist of Books One and Two and it's lovely to be able to write of him again), Book Three will remain ready for me to take it up again in the near future.





Book Update: I've read the following:


27 July: John Connolly, The Whisperers


31 July: Eleanor Druse, The Journals of Eleanor Druse (Kingdom Hospital)





1 August-2 August: Elizabeth Lenhard, "Date with Death," (Charmed series)


2 August-4 August: Sarah Rayne, House of the Lost


4 August-5 August: Andrew Taylor, The Lover of the Grave


6 August-7 August: Susan Hill, The Shadows in the Street (A Simon Serrailer Mystery #5)


and today am starting on Brian Keene, The Rising (a zombie novel)

© Copyright 2011 Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer (UN: fantasywrider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/730881-New-Novel-and-Book-Reading-Update