*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/732082
Rated: E · Book · Community · #1800942
New Horizons Journal-
#732082 added August 20, 2011 at 6:00pm
Restrictions: None
8.20.11
Quote of the Day: A person is never happy except at the price of some ignorance. -Anatole France

This, my friend, is so true. Ignorance is bliss. Yet, we are curious creatures. This stems all the way back to the creation of mankind. They had it all, Adam and Eve, pure bliss, nothing ever to worry about. But Eve wanted to know what it would be like to harness all the knowledge in the world, the knowledge of good and evil. We all know what happens. Adam and Eve eat the fruit and they gain knowledge, but it is not pleasant. They become afraid. They become aware.

In today's time, there is so much to know, to learn. Knowledge is infinite. As we learn how the things of this world work, how systems operate, we are exposed to corruption, to injustices, to hypocrisies, to deception, to bigotry, to sufferings.

Knowledge -  A wife is happy throughout her marriage until she finds out her husband has been cheating on her for five years. Those five years she was happy not knowing about the deceit. But now that she is no longer ignorant, her happiness is taken away. Would it have been better for her never to have known?

Knowledge - A lady enjoys her job and happily goes every day. She does her duties as she should and loves doing them. The other co-workers talk about her on a daily basis, mocking her and making catchy jokes about her. One day she hears of the hurtful chatter. No longer does she enjoy going to work, knowing that her peers mock her. Would it have been better for her to never have heard the gossip?

Knowledge - The country is in a financial crisis. The government officials cannot agree on the solution to the plan. A citizen sits back and studies the entire debate. He worries about the future and he is really scared. There is nothing that this citizen can do to affect the crisis. Would it have been better for him to never have heard the situation?

A poem I wrote a few months ago. It is a prayer to God to be ignorant.
 TO NOT KNOW KNOWLEDGE  (E)
A prayer to be ignorant in order to be happy.
#1774018 by Itchy Water~fictionandverse


"A Poem A Day Contest
Itchy Water signature
** Image ID #1756829 Unavailable **










© Copyright 2011 Itchy Water~fictionandverse (UN: deannarich at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Itchy Water~fictionandverse has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/732082