*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/732736-Welfare-Explained
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#732736 added August 29, 2011 at 7:53pm
Restrictions: None
Welfare Explained
I shared three YouTube videos here: Welfare in America  

One is titled Welfare in a Free America. The second: Welfare: How Freedom Was Lost in America. And the third: Welfare: How to Get Freedom Back.

About the third, I wrote:


Pay special attention to what the past comptroller says about what Social Security is and what it is not in the third video. He says it's a wealth transfer program, not a savings program. It's an unrecuperated tax. It's a tax now and spend now scheme. Nothing that you pay into the system will be there when you retire. Not one penny. It was never designed that way.



If you doubt this, go and look at the official site of Social Security and read the history. If the first woman who collected Social Security retirement income put in for only 3 years - a total of $24 - and received checks of $22 per month for 30 years, how could it be that she was paying for her own retirement? She obviously was not, nor are any of us.



What you think you are entitled to is not your money. The money you will receive in retirement is what your children and grandchildren will be paying you. Think about that when you cry about how you don't want to lose what you paid into the system. You've already lost that. If your kids and grandkids are going to pay for your retirement, wouldn't you prefer that they hand you the money and not make it filter through the government?



At about 20 minutes into the third video, listen carefully to the harsh words and think about what is being said. If you're a Christian or if you're a TEA party member, a conservative or a libertarian, these words need to be taken to heart. Are you really a freedom lover? Do you really value the Constitution? Do you really care about future generations? Or are you too selfish to sacrifice? Do you expect everyone but you to sacrifice? These are questions that we all need to ask ourselves.






A gift from Kiya

"My Favorite Neighbor
"Sharing Sunshine...It's What I Do!
"Admirable Women
"Whose Work Are You Stealing?
"The Potter's Cup and Saucer

© Copyright 2011 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/732736-Welfare-Explained