*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/732801-Tuesday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#732801 added August 30, 2011 at 12:41pm
Restrictions: None
Tuesday
So, I wrote another Textbroker article today. It was worth about $20, and it took me about an hour. That's decent wages for any job, so I should do more of it. It was a sales copy assignment, which tend to be my best gigs. They require minimal research - just enough to read the company's website and learn about the product, then use sales language to explain why you should buy it. I always want to buy stuff, so it comes easily. It doesn't take much to convince myself that I want that awesome thing, so why should it be hard to convince someone else? Sales copy may be my favorite kind of writing.

Yes, it ranks higher than songwriting. Truth be told, songwriting is my least favorite kind of writing. It's too much work. Even fiction comes much easier to me, OCD planner that I am. Sadly, I enjoy the finished product of the songwriting process, so I do force myself to write songs now and then.

It is GORGEOUS today. I'm sitting on the deck soaking up rays and letting the pup run loose in the back yard. It's so nice and relaxed, even the cat braved a trip to my side for a head scratch, despite the hovering threat of a vicious six-pound dog running loose. (Did I mention that the cat is 13 pounds?) I wish I could write out here, but I can barely see the screen in the glare of the sun. Am I the only writer annoyed by that??

Reach 300 students at MTMS   by 12/31/11.
*Writing* 215, but it's the end of the month again, so we're expecting withdrawals. After hovering at 200 for a month, now we'll probably hover around 215 for a month. *Pthb*  As an example, I enrolled three new students last night, and I withdrew three students last night, and that was just in private lessons. I also withdrew two students from classes, but enrolled eleven students in two new band classes that start next month.

Writing:
(1) *Thumbsdown* Blog at MT.com   by the end of Wednesday: Not this week.

(2) *Thumbsdown* 30 minutes of daily freestyle writing: Not deliberately. I did write a Textbroker article and this blog post, so it's not like I slacked in the writing department today.

Count points:
TODAY: Meh.

© Copyright 2011 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/732801-Tuesday