*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/733191-Day-3-Forgotten-Birthday
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by fyn
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1806798
My WDC Birthday Bash Blog
#733191 added September 3, 2011 at 7:55pm
Restrictions: None
Day 3 Forgotten Birthday
Me: Don't forget Mom's birthday is coming up. Figure if I start reminding you now, you'll remember.
Him: It's in two months!
Me: Um, no, next month, in five weeks actually.


Me: Did you get a card for Mom yet?
Him: Nah, I think I'll probably send her an ecard.
Me: An ECARD?! You know how Mom feels about those!
Him: You mean I have to actually go to the store, stand around looking at umpteen cards trying to figure what she'd like as well as being sure I don't get her the same one as the year before like I did two years ago?
Me: YES! It won't kill you, ya know. Mom uses that walker and she still manages to get you one, doesn't she?
Him: Sigh.


Me: OK brother, dearest. Did you get her a card yet? Her birthday is in three weeks. You need time to mail it.
Him: No, not yet. Wish I lived close like you do, I could just drop in and say hi. I'll call her.
Me:It isn't the same thing. You know how much Mom enjoys getting cards in the mail! Maybe I should mail you one to mail her!


Me: Did you get the card I mailed you?
Him: Yes, I think it is on the kitchen counter. Cute card; kinda sugary sweet tho.
Me:Well, if you got off your duff and got her one on your own then you could pick it out! Way I look at it, as long as the card hits the mailbox, Mom will be happy! Now go sign and mail her card. Get it in the mail today! Her birthday's in less than a week.

Him:Hey what's up with Mom? Just got off the phone with her. She's all disappointed and sad. Doesn't sound too happy with you. She LOVED my card though. She went on and on about how thoughtful and caring I am. Thanks, sis. Anyway, any idea why Mom is so bent out of shape?
Me: (small voice) Yeah. . .I forgot to mail her card.



346 words
© Copyright 2011 fyn (UN: fyndorian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/733191-Day-3-Forgotten-Birthday