*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/733529-Day-7-THE-IDEAL-BIRTHDAY-PARTY
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by fyn
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1806798
My WDC Birthday Bash Blog
#733529 added September 7, 2011 at 8:05pm
Restrictions: None
Day 7 THE IDEAL BIRTHDAY PARTY
For me, the ideal birthday party would have to be one that was an unqualified success. One of those you plan out months in advance; the details, the timing, the people and despite all the little things that could go wrong, every goes exactly right and it becomes one of those ‘moments’ you treasure for a life time...

He Had no Idea What Was Up!

It was the first surprise birthday party I’d ever attempted and the plan had literally been ‘in the works’ for three months. My husband had no clue. He arrived (late) from his buddy’s house where he’d been ‘side-tracked’ until everyone was here. No one parked at the house and they were all safely inside. He was surprised at the crowd of folks, but still had no idea. The living room was filled with helium balloons decked out to look like hot air balloons. ‘Up Up and Away’ was blasting on the stereo. A hot air balloon cake sat on the dining room table. He still didn’t have a clue.
Everyone was on pins and needles, waiting for him to figure it out, but he was so busy greeting everyone he was neither hearing the music nor seeing the decorations! Brain-dead hubby was clueless! I finally got him to look inside the basket under the biggest balloon floating around the room. He peeked in and took out the card.

Appropriately, it was of a couple rising to the sky in a hot air balloon. “My love for you is as high as the sky. Happy Birthday! Love, Robin.”

“Nice card, hon.”

Sigh.

“Sweetheart? See anything else floating around?”

“Um, a lot of balloons?”

“Look!”

He did and eventually found a balloon with a paper scrolled up and tied with a bright blue ribbon.

He unrolled it and his eyes boggled! “Oh shhhii….”

His jaw dropped.

“You didn’t…did you? Really?” His mouth sagged open once again.

(This man, the one that could talk the ears off anyone couldn’t get a coherent sentence out!)

“How’d you…? Really? I’ve always wanted to…How’d you know?”

“I know you, sweetheart! Duh!” (Laughter)

By now we had about an hour to cake and ice cream everyone, get the presents opened (which no one was supposed to bring), get them out of the house so we could drive the hour to get where we needed to be.

We got there with literally moments to spare. We climbed in and in a breath-taking silence, rose to meet the sky. It was a truly incredible experience, but honestly, the best part of it all for me is a toss up between the look on his face when he first found out…and the one on his face during the entire adventure!


balloon pic



© Copyright 2011 fyn (UN: fyndorian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/733529-Day-7-THE-IDEAL-BIRTHDAY-PARTY