*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/734193-Rixy-you-will-be-missed
Rated: ASR · Book · Experience · #1486637
This blog is a wide variety of things. Most titles are prompts I have followed.
#734193 added September 15, 2011 at 9:26pm
Restrictions: None
Rixy, you will be missed!
Last weekend, I lost a good friend Rixfarmgirl .  It made me really think about how fragile life truly is.  "Here one day, gone the next", as the saying goes.  Missy will be very sadly missed on this site.  I know she touched a lot of writers' lives.  I also know that she touched the lives of a lot of kids (and adults) over her years of teaching.  She was always positive and upbeat and emails and chats with her were always full of fun and full of life.  My heart is heavy with her loss, but she was such an inspiration.  And she will continue to inspire me.

Rixy (MIssy) was instrumental in my decision to become an instructor at New Horizons, and I will go live with my class in the winter term.  When I was asked to create a fiction writing class, I was excited and fearful at the same time.  I wasn't sure that I would be able to match the quality of an instructor such as Rixy.  She immediately put my mind at ease and her faith in me and my abilities made me realize that I can do this and that my class will really help writers to hone their craft.  I hope this to be the case for all of the students that I will spend time with over the coming courses.  Rixy was just one of those people that made you strive to reach your full potential.  She was a great woman and I will miss her dearly.

She always had faith, not only in me, but in my writing.  And as I move into another NaNo season this fall, it renews by desire to become a publidhed author.  I have three novels sitting stagnant in my port right now, so this NaNo will be my fourth.  This is the year that I resolve to at least get them out in the big, bad publishing world and shop for a publisher for them.  And I will do that in memory of Rixy, a.k.a. Missy Estes.

Rest in Peace, Missy.  You will be greatly missed, but thank you so much for inspiring me and so many others.  We are better people having known you!

© Copyright 2011 Beck Firing back up! (UN: write2b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beck Firing back up! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/734193-Rixy-you-will-be-missed