*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/735973
Rated: ASR · Book · Gothic · #1813610
This is my character sketch book about Vandy for the Sketchers Guild Challenge.
#735973 added October 9, 2011 at 5:09pm
Restrictions: None
Character
Vandy values her reputation an an antique dealer. She has been around 300 years so she knows all about antiques and what they are worth. As for her character, she is a vampire and she doesn't tell anyone. Everyone thinks she is nice but strange. Vandy can read other people's minds and hear what people are saying quite a few feet away. She wants people to respect her and she loves selling antiques but as a vampire, she thinks of them as mortals. They are customers and some a possible feeding. She is all business and doesn't get close to people. As a vampire, why should she? Humans fear vampires and think of them as monsters.

Vandy remembers the Civil War, Hitler's reign of terror{Hitler, in her estimation, is worse then a vampire!} and she is stunned how humans can be cruel to each other. She hasn't been human in years and she has known other vampires and they, too fight and rage war on each other. She prefers not to interact with people. She is afraid they will find out she is a vampire. She is friends with Diane who works for her but Diane doesn't know Vandy is a vampire. Vandy has had a few boyfriends but when she fell in love, the love wasn't returned. She was turned into a vampire and this makes her not want to fall in love or have anything to do with men and women relationships. She doesn't need friends and romance. She needs customers and to make a living. She is nice enough and knowledgable about antiques. Her reputation is more important to her. As for her character, she doesn't care about having friends. As long as her antiques sell. She has been on Antiques Roadshow and she loves her job. She amazes people abour her knowledge of antiques. She was around when the item first come out so she would know about the history of the item. Vandy is the best in the antiques business.

Vandy wasn't always an antique dealer. She worked in the factory in England selling clothes.She worked in other factories that make carriages, ships and she always done a good job. She worked in a book store and has been a waitress. She has learned a lot about people and what they value. If she was human, she would want friends and love but being a vampire, she doesn't let emotions rule her. Let humans have their intimate relationships. She distanced herself from those feelings a long time ago. Survival and making a living and being good at her job is what matters. She didn't get to be the best known antiques dealer around by being hung up on petty love emotions. Reputation matters to her. Her character, she doesn't care. No one is going to hurt her again and make her feel low like Darius did. Not being human can have some advantages. Vandy the vampire values her work. That is her focus in life along with staying a live and not be found out as a vampire.
512 Words

Another Sig of the pretty woman vampire by best friend Angel.

© Copyright 2011 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/735973