*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737152
Rated: ASR · Book · Gothic · #1813610
This is my character sketch book about Vandy for the Sketchers Guild Challenge.
#737152 added October 17, 2011 at 2:06pm
Restrictions: None
Safety
Vandy feels safe living in a small town. As a vampire, she has the advantage. Humans are not a threat. Other vampires are. She consults her crystal ball to see if she has any vampire enemies that are close by. Vampire enemies are no where near to her. She likes it that way. She could find out if Darius, the vampire who turned her into one is around by looking in her crystal ball but she feels safer not knowing. Selling antiques and owning a shop gives her a feeling of security. She likes living in a small town but she knows in a few years she will have to move on. She was nineteen when she was turned into a vampire and she looks 25 but she will always look young. To keep people from asking questions and wondering why she hasn't aged, she will to go somewhere else to live. She has tried make up that make her look older and hair dye that makes her hair look lighter and her older but she quit using them. In a few years, she will move to another state. She has to hide who and what she is. Humans wondering and whispering about her why she hasn't aged compromises her safety. Humans age. Vampires don't and those with supernatural powers have ways of keeping themselves from aging. To avoid questions and stares, she will move her business and herself to another town in a few years. She hates starting over. She loves this part of Maine. It is a quiet, peaceful fishing village and she fears for her safety when ever she moves. People don't know her and as a vampire, she has to be careful and discreet which she is. She still risks feeling safe in a new location until she gets settled in and the humans get to know her and do business with her.

Vandy feel safe at Halloween. She can show her fangs and look the vampire type. One day a year, she can be herself. Hallowen makes her feel safe. Haunted houses, supernatural things that aren't real are allowed to happen this time of year. She feel safe pretending she is a vampire{even though she is one!} or pretending to be a witch. Everyone thinks it is just pretend and she loves it. Her secret is safe at Halloween. She smiles at little children and shows them her fangs. They run and scream but most of them are having fun. Vandy loves when there is a full moon at Halloween and there are bats flying around. She also loves a Halloween with fog. She feels like she blends in and the supernatural powers are on her side. There are no fears for vampires on Halloween. Halloween is bewitching. Feeling safe? Humans are the ones who worry about safety. They fear the supernatural. The supernatural is like a safety net for Vandy. She is the supernatural and this gives her a secure feeling. Vandy Rocoska is very safe from her own kind and humans alike. Ravens know her and are her friends. They warn her if there is a enemy vampire or werewolf near by. Werewolves are the enemy, too. She has never encountered and she hopes she never does. For now, her safety is secure and she is content with her supernatural existence.

558 Words

Pretty woman vampire done by best friend Angel.

© Copyright 2011 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737152