*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737291-a-love-to-remember-part-two
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fanfiction · #1819562
a short naruto fanfic written after i watched one too many episodes...
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#737291 added October 18, 2011 at 4:48pm
Restrictions: None
a love to remember (part two)
“Hey! What’s going on? Let go of me Mia!” the voice of my hostage cried out.


The voice sounded all too familiar, but I didn’t take any chances.


“Who are you?” I asked, putting as much authority in my voice as I could muster. I hope that I at least didn’t sound as scared as I felt.


“It’s me! Naruto!” the boy yelled out.


“How can I be certain? You might just be disguised!”


“Oh come on! Would an enemy know that you have a birthmark shaped like a poodle on your butt?” he asked sarcastically. The comment made me blush. Now I knew for sure that it was my blond friend. I let him go.


“Naruto, do you honestly believe that you are one hundred percent normal?” I asked breathing a deep sigh. He really had me frightened for a while.


He simply laughed at me. Did he even think before sneaking in? I could have killed him!


Naruto was my best friend in the whole world. We have known each other all our lives and share every secret, (that is how he knows about my birthmark.)


“What are you doing here?” I asked placing the kunai in its place.


“I couldn’t sleep, so I decided to come over for a visit. But I thought that you’d be awake by now…”


I simply rolled my eyes at him.


“It is still early,” I objected. No ninja in their right mind would give up sleep, not even me.


“Sensei wants us to gather at the training field before eight,” I raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to continue.


“He wants to talk to us. He said that it’s important. You would have known all of this if you showed up for training yesterday.”


“I have my reasons for not coming. Besides, it isn’t as if I didn’t train at all. I sparred against Kurenai Sensei’s team.” For a brief moment, I thought that I could see the hurt in Naruto’s eyes. We weren’t used to being apart, and I could tell that he takes offence each time I disappear from training.


“Naruto, it’s not because of you and you know that. It is because of…”


“Sasuke. I know. You don’t have to tell me yet again.” He finished my sentence.


I wish that I could tell him the full truth about why I couldn’t face the Uchiha. He wouldn’t judge me, would he? A part of me knew that I could trust Naruto, the other part remained stubborn, believing that he would betray me. I couldn’t decide which one to listen to.


The long, awkward silence was interrupted by a strange grumbling sound.


“Sorry, that was me. I guess I’m a little bit hungry,” Naruto replied. Both of us started laughing.


“It isn’t even morning yet!”


“That is where you are wrong Mia. It is already 6AM.” The fact shocked me. I couldn’t believe that I had gotten in more than 4 hours of sleep without waking up, screaming.


“What do you want for breakfast then?” I asked, though I already knew the answer.


“Ramen!”


“I doubt that Ichiraku’s is open this time of day.” I replied, giggling.


Naruto looked at me with a face you couldn’t help but love. It was as if he knew about my secret stash.


“Fine, you got me. I still have some cup ramen left. What flavor do you want?”


“Misu of course!” both of us stood up and made our way down to the kitchen where I then watched him slurping down the noodles as if this was his very last meal.


Time passed much too quickly. Not long ago we were having breakfast, now we were sitting under a tree at the training field, waiting for the others to arrive. Naruto was sitting next to me, molding some chakra, while I sat doodling in my notebook. I always carry it with me. It is not only a journal, but also a friend.


This is the only place where I can let go of all my emotions, whether through poetry, stories, diary entries or sketches. The reason that I panicked so much when Akamaru got hold of it was most probably the fear of having someone read it.


“Mia, stop daydreaming! Here they come!”


I felt a hand on my shoulder, shaking me. I must have been lost in my own little world.


“Okay, okay Naruto, slow down! You are hurting me!”


He was right. Not far from us were three figures. One tall with silvery hair and carrying around his usual book, tailing him was Konoha’s very own pink ninja who is practically clinging to the last of the three, a raven haired boy.


Sakura and I get along well, but I do not agree with her or Ino hanging onto Sasuke as much as they can. I think it’s pretty pathetic. Sure, he is handsome and a strong shinobi, but so are many others. Their desperate acts to get his attention are only annoying.


Like so many times before, I watched him ignore her advances.


“Wow, Kakashi Sensei is actually on time for once!” Naruto yelled out and ran to greet them. I only stood up and put the notebook back in my carrying bag.


“It is good to see all members of this team present.” Sensei started off on a sarcastic note and looked my way. I didn’t feel guilty at all. My eyes flickered to Sasuke standing across me, and I didn’t regret my decision one bit. Seeing him meant facing more uncomfortable moments. Consequently, the less I see of him, the better.


“Anyway, there is an important announcement I have to make, and that is the reason for this meeting.”


We all waited in silence for him to continue…


© Copyright 2011 Aralynne (UN: aralynne at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Aralynne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737291-a-love-to-remember-part-two