*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737629
Rated: ASR · Book · Gothic · #1813610
This is my character sketch book about Vandy for the Sketchers Guild Challenge.
#737629 added October 22, 2011 at 6:39pm
Restrictions: None
Quotation Day
If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there. Lewis Carroll

Vandy knows this quote well. After she became a vampire, she didn't know what to do. She met Klosarus who helped her deal with being a vampire and she learned how to accept and yes, even like her new life. When she and her sister Olisha were little girls, they had got lost in the woods and didn't know how to find their way home. They looked at all the trees trying to see if they were different or looked the same. They thought if they recogonized the trees, they would know how to get home. They just kept walking and a cute little bunny crossed their path and they followed him. Vandy and her sister had made it home but it was a path they wouldn't have thought of taking. When she met Darius, {the man who had turned her into a vampire}, she thought he was the love of the love of her life and her future. She thought she was on the right road to love and a good life. She was wrong. In 300 years time and a life of mortality, it has been a long road and she still takes some wrong turns but her crystal ball is her personal GPS so she will never be lost. She walks by the ocean, she knows there are three different ways back to her home.There have been times when she was driving to New York for an antiques convention and she was lost. This was before she had her GPS and her crystal ball was no where around, she would just try some other roads and she arrived at her destanation. Over the years when she has lived in different areas, she has had to learn the land, location and how to get from point A to Point B. Being a vampire, she has good tracking methods. She always know no matter what road she takes, rather going to a specific location or to a time in her life, she knows she will get there.

She has been to a lot of woods. The woods look so dense and it looks like there is no way out. Vandy knew how to find a way out of the woods. Turning into a bat and being able to fly, she could see everything. She never gets lost. If she fell down a rabbit hole and ended up in Wonderland, she would find her way back. She would do battle with the Red Queen and win. She may not go home back up the rabbit hole but she would find a way or road back. She saw how humans worried about getting lost. There is more then one road to get there. Just keep traveling different paths. As the saying goes, all roads lead somewhere. The longer you live, the more you know. If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there. Vandy clicks her fangs against her teeth. There was no mountain she could't climb and no road to keep her stranded. Sometimes, she even got on the road less traveled. This vampire would never get lost and there was no obstacle or anyone who could stand in her way. Being a vampire was a good road at times.

558 Words

Another Sig of the pretty woman vampire by best friend Angel.

© Copyright 2011 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737629