*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737671
Rated: ASR · Book · Gothic · #1813610
This is my character sketch book about Vandy for the Sketchers Guild Challenge.
#737671 added October 23, 2011 at 10:54am
Restrictions: None
Trigger
Vandy kept items in her attic and she had a few that were of value to her. It was time for Halloween and yes, it was her favorite time of year. She went upstairs to her attic and found her talking witch doll, ghosts and vampire replicas. She always laughed about the vampire ones. They didn't look anything like her or the ones she had encountered. A brown wooden box with a flower fell off the shelf when she grabbed the vampire replicas. The wooden box opened up and out fell a gold ring with purple and lavender stones. She picked up the ring and held back tears. Yes, the ring Darius had given her. He had promised his undying love and promised to marry her. She put the ring on and remembered the times they had made love and their walks through the woods. The few times he had taken her to dinner. He never ate anything. He just drank wine. He always told her that he wasn't a fan of food. He ate just enough to get by. Vandy hadn't thought about him for a long time. The ring bought back every memory of him. WHY DIDN'T SHE JUST SELL THE RING IN HER SHOP YEARS AGO AND BE DONE WITH IT? SHE DIDN'T NEED THESE MEMORIES OF HIM.She decided to put the ring back in the box and put the box where she found it. She put the wooden box back on the shelf. How dare that ring trigger memories of him. Her hand touched a small soft pink blanket. Where did this come from? Oh my God! She remembered. She had discovered she was pregnant right after she became a vampire. She had given birth to a little girl. The baby had died. Vandy had been heartbroken for days. She put the baby and Darius out of her mind. Two painful memories. She mourned the baby girl for days. Klosarus and her buried the baby in a white wooden casket. Vandy cried as she sit in the attic thinking and remembering. If only Darius and her would have been humans and married. They could have raised the baby girl together. Why was she turned into a vampire and why had Darius done this to her? If he would have told her he was a vampire, she would have gladly let him turn her into one. The baby? Who was she kidding? Darius hadn't cared and wouldn't have cared about the baby. The baby died anyway. Life was unfair. She woould put the decorations in another part of the attic and never touch the wooden box with the ring or the pink blanket again. Darius and her baby were another life time ago and she would put them out of her mind forever. She hadn't thought about the baby in 200 some years. Why today? Vandy didn't know all life's answers. It was time to feed. She had to be careful she didn't drain a human of his life's blood tonight. She was in a bad mood and her prey be damned. She had to get rid of these bad memories. She never wanted these tearful, awful memories to come back. Two items had triggered her bad memories and she vowed that this would never happen again. Vandy Rocoska didn't do human emotions and she would never cry or think about Darius and the baby she lost ever again. She was a vampire and emotions would never control her. Tomorrow she would have forgotten the baby and Darius and never give them another thought. Human emotions sucked.

600 Words

Another sig of the pretty vampire woman by best friend Angel.

© Copyright 2011 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737671