*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/739598-chapter-eight
Rated: · Book · Other · #1814821
will be starting soon gathering info
#739598 added November 15, 2011 at 9:51pm
Restrictions: None
chapter eight






  Chapter Eight


William's Petition Delivered
         





“Sir William has returned, My Lord.” a servant bows to King Thomas. “He comes with word from  Leynitice.”


         The king stops his training with Prince Yecheil, “Ride out with the troops, and survey the kingdom.” The king ordered the Prince. “Pay close attention to these areas.” The king made circles on the map. “There is said to be rebels that disagree with uniting the lands.”


         The prince bowed to his father. He was really young about eight now, but he was more than able to read the king's army. He had been in three battles with rebels before without his father by his side. He knew that his father had the up most faith in the child prince.


         “Yes, Father.” He bows and joins the others to survey the land.


         King turns to the closest man to a father that he had ever known. “Sir William, you have news for me concerning the new city of  Leynitice.”  The king was truly happy to see his friend.


         "Yes, your highness, I have petitions that need your attention." William stands from his bow.


         "Have you informed the people there that Sed ans SanTrina were to rule under me? That I will see that their city and our kingdom will become a strong nation?"


         "I have notes for things that will help this be accomplished."


         "What they need we will provide."


         Sir William looks down (almost afraid to ask the king the last petition). "King, your fiend Sed has petitioned you for Yecheil to visit the city. That he spend time there to learn the running and needs of the city. So that when he has rule, he can be fair and wise with all his judgments."


         The King looks at William, "What do you think about this idea?"


         " I think that this is a great idea. I believe that it will make the nation stronger when it comes for him to take the throne."


         The king looks ahead and sees Queen Anne walking past the room. "I will postpone my decision on this matter until I speak to the queen. If she feels it to be safe for the child to be there without influence, I will promote his visits."


         "Yes, my king," Sir William said as they continued to walk together discussing the trip and the land.


         The next morning King Thomas, Queen Anne, and Sir Thomas ate the morning meal on the queen's balcony. The queen asked William, “ How was the trip to the city of Leynitice? Did the people except the new arrangement?”


         “There were no problems in the city about the new nation. I have brought our king the needs of the city, but one petition is unreserved.”


         The queen  asks, “What is it that needs thought? We need to do what we can to help them grow?”


         King Thomas fills her in on the request of the details of the request made by her friends. “They feel that it would be beneficial for the nation to have prince Yecheil to spend time in the city.”


         Queen Anne replies, “I will allow the visits, but he is to document all that he observes so that we can keep the city growing under our rule. The Prince must show growth of his skills in both our city and the city of Leynitice.”


         “How long will he stay in  Leynitice?” King Thomas asks.


         “He is to stay six months here and six months there. This order is only to be carried out if the Prince agrees. He is not ask to do anything he doesn't want to do.”


         “My queen, when shat the child make his journey?”


         “Where is he right now?” The queen asks her husband.


         “He is surveying the land. He will return in about a week.”


         “He must be here to rest for two days, and then you may ask him his thoughts about the living arrangements. If the answer is that he wishes to leave, send him in the royal carriage. Send his personal servants. They will carry  with them the things from Williams list. Be sure that all their needs are met.”


    With this the queen decides that she will make the trip with the prince. She will be going to visit SanTrina her good friend. "I would love to see her again, and find out how their city exceps me as the queen mother."


         The King agreed with the plans of family going to “He is to stay six months here and six months there. This order is only to be carried out if the Prince agrees. He is not ask to do anything he doesn't want to do.”


         So while the queen awaited her grandson's return, but she readied her self with chores of gathering the things that the city needed to thrive. She gathered money, clothes, live stock, and much more. She went from many of her merchant families. She asked if they had anyone who would like to help Leynitice start up shops to help their economy grow. The queen had gathered fifty seven people to set up shop. She gave them all that they need to get started once they arrived.


         Some of the people were children of their families crafts. Others were apprentices of the other merchants that wanted to gain a new start. They were seamstresses, black smiths, teachers, builders, weavers, and bakers. The queen even found a priest to begin a church if SanTrina would agree.


         When Yecheil returned home, his servant informed him that the queen wanted to see him.


She informed him about the plans for Leynitice, and how his grandparents wanted him to stay there for half the year.


         "I agree to go. I need to know how to rule my people when the time comes." The prince gave the answer that they expected. "Only one thing. Must I travel their streets without my armor?"


         The queen touch the young prince's cheek. "You have such a beautiful face." She said. She never seen ugly in this child. She saw the truth, but it was not ugly to her. "No, my son, you do not have to show your trueness to anyone except your grandparents until you feel as though you want to."


         The prince went on to ready himself for the trip. He wanted to make sure he had everything that he needed for the trip. It would be so strange for him to ride in the royal carriage. He loved to ride his steed "Otec". He named the horse this name after he found out about the alien. Otec was so obedient. He would listen and come when called. He was the fastest horse in the kingdom. It would be much slower in the carriage, but he never disagreed with Queen Anne. He would tie Otec to the carriage so that he would have his horse underneath him when he needed him.


         Prince Yecheil did grow to love Sed and SanTrina while they were prisoners in the tower. He loved them as he had to serve them. They too loved him as they left. He was excited to be reunited with them in a better situation.


         The day was here to make his trip. The queen and prince gathered the servants, riches, and the workers that would benefit the city. King Thomas sent a degree with them that they were to send word and they would receive all that they would need to prosper. The king embraced his mother and son wishing them and wished them a good journey.


         The trip was about to begin. Yecheil and the queen stepped into the carriage. They would make a slow trip. The group was over one hundred and seventy people: servants, merchants, builders, and workmen, queen, and Yecheil. This would not be a fast journey by any destination of the word.


         With Otec tied to the carriage, their trip begins. The queen face to face with her grandson. She looked at him, and said "You have no need of the armor mask while we ride. Let's ride as we are." She reaches over and helps him remove the helmet. Yecheil's hair shone nearly as much as the sun through the open carriage window. His large eyes having problems staying open as they are traveling. The scenery changing. Tree, rock, and flowers moving past the view. The more rhythmic the Terran the sleepier the prince got. The queen reached over and closes both the windows. She moves to the seat with her grandson. She pulls the child's head into her lap. She strokes his hair until she too fell asleep.


         A trip that usually takes three days was taking much longer. The first day was full of excitement. The fourth day was not as much filled with excitement as it was boredom. The queen began to make up games to keep the two of them sane. Things like guess what animal we will see next. Name the next tree to have fruit. She was a pro with keeping children busy, but the prince was not a usual child. He had seen battles and adventure. She would have the carriage to stop from time to time to allow him to take a swim or to ride Otec behind the carriage. She was amazed how much he was like other children sometimes. He could not set still for more than a couple hours at a time. He would snuggle with Queen as he slept as much as any other child would cuddle with his grand mother.


         She remembered when Thomas first arrived in the kingdom. He was so tiny and so young. He could not talk, and she could feel his love in their embrace. He was different too. He did not know how to be a child. He was expressionless. It took so long for him to learn to be a child. She saw so much of Thomas in his son, except Yecheil was not a bit afraid to show expression. However the two were alike when it came to heart, loyalty, and wisdom. They were truly the way for the kingdom to over come anything.


         Yecheil notices that they were within sight of the castle where he would be living for the next six months.


         He was pleasantly surprised. He thought that he would be very happy here. The group were greeted by many of the people. They were not adorned as richly as the people from where he had just come. Some were dressed in potato sacks. They were decorated with ribbons and pieces of lace for the young girls. The boys were wearing clothes that were tucked and sown to fit them. They strange thing was that every person had a truly happy smile.


         "Your highness."


         "Yes my son"


         "How can they be so happy? They look like they have very little."


         "They have each other. This city has always been close. This is why we wanted to unite us with them. We want to reward that loyalty to the people."


         The prince was in admiration of the people that has become his new brothers and sisters.


         The carriage pulls in front of the castle. Servants were called to lead the royal family to their hosts Sed and SanTrina. Other servants led the merchants and traidsmen to their lodging.


         SanTrina greeted them,"My queen, How was your trip?" She bowed.


         "Up my friend. I have come baring gifts."


         "You, young prince, are growing much faster than I would expect. You are nearly as tall as your father." She kissed his cheeks.


         Queen Anne noticed the little girl walking with SanTrina. "Who is this lovely young lady? She looks much like your Arebella."


         "This is Claire," SanTrina replies brushing her fingers through Claire's sandy hair. "She is my daughter by choice. She is a strong girl who I am proud to call my ward."


         "Nice to meet you my child." The queen shook the girls hand as Claire bowed. "and so polite."


         "This is Prince Yecheil. He is the son of the King and my grandson."


         Claire bows, " Nice to meet you your highness."


         "I didn't expect any children in the castle," the prince shook her hand excitedly.


         "Claire, could you please show my grandson around the castle? Let me and Queen Anne catch up on a few things."


         "Sure, if you will my prince." Claire bows.


         "After you Miss Claire." Yecheil replied


         Queen smiles as she watched the children go on their way. Sometimes she forgot that the courageous Prince Yecheil was not just a warrior. He was a child first.


           "Where is Sed?"


         "I will take you to him. My husband awaits you in the throne room. He is so excited to have you come to our humble city."


         "Has your people excepted that you have merged with Salaamanta?" The queen asks her friend.


         "Yes, they understand that this is how our needs will be met. Most feel more secure than they did before. However there are some who rebel. We bring them in to be judged as we find them."


         "I am sure that things will calm down as time progresses." The queen said. "They will see how we can help them when they need us.”


         Sed notices the two women entering the hall. He and his company bow to her."My Queen, I have expected you. What an honor to have you in my castle." He says as he kisses her hand.


         " Thank you, we have brought you the things that your people needed." Queen Anne says as she motions for him to rise.


         "Did Yecheil come to visit?"


         "He is being shown around the grounds by Claire." SanTrina informs Sed.


         "I will send servants along with Yecheil and Claire to disrupt what is needed tomorrow."


         "I would like to accompany them." Queen requests, " I want your people to trust us to help them, and they need to know that we are friends."


         Sed looks at the queen, "Of course this is an excellent idea."          


         The queen says her good nights, and SanTrina leads her to the finest room of the palace. Tomorrow was going to be a new day for Queen Anne. She wanted the people to know that their queen cares.
© Copyright 2011 Ida_Matilda_Wright Help (UN: writing_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ida_Matilda_Wright Help has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/739598-chapter-eight