*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740033-chapter-eleven
Rated: · Book · Other · #1814821
will be starting soon gathering info
#740033 added March 17, 2013 at 2:41am
Restrictions: None
chapter eleven
Chapter Eleven


Yecheil All Grown Up






 
IMAGE
Dragon Sig  (E)
Reviewing Sig
#1922252 by Gaby ~ Keeper Of The Realm









         
Yecheil now sits on the throne by the side of his father Thomas. He grew into a strong young man. Claire is now his wife, and they work together in the kingdom. Sed had died about four years before, and SanTrina judged the city alone. Queen Anne now is now getting very old. She was now guided around in a chair with wheels. She still had a good memory, and her wisdom was impeccable.


         Yecheil now has a beautiful daughter SanTrina Anne. They called her Sanne. She was blond with blue eyes. She looked just like Arrebella when she was a little girl. There was not a flaw in this child. Though other people around her didn't know was that she had power that was special. She was able to influence people's behavior. She was able to see things as if they were dreams before they actually happened. With all this, she did not have any alien look to her. She spoke perfectly and with wisdom.


         Yecheil and Thomas was proud of the child, but she would not be taught war. She would be taught to be a lady. Queen Anne loved having Sanne around her. It was nice to have a daughter. Anne and Sanne were very close. Sanne was a happy girl that never saw anything ugly in her father. She adored her grand father King Thomas. She was a spoiled child, but a good one. Sanne would ride with Yecheil. She would race with him much as her mother did so many years ago.


         One day Yecheil decided to take his daughter to a special place. "Follow me through the city." He beckons her. " I have something so special to show you."


         Sanne rode close to her father's horse. Then they come to an opening of a cave. It looked so dark inside. He helps his daughter into the cave. It had been so long since Yecheil had been in the cave that he had to run his hands over the wall until he found the torch to light.


         "Father, where are we?"


         Yecheil lit the torch as he spoke, " This is where you got your strength." He moved about the cave. "Look see this drawing? Your mother drew this. It is her mother and father. They had died when she was five. She had lived on her own until SanTrina found her."


         "Father, it is hard to think of mother as a cave dweller." She said laughing.


         He sat in the corner of the cave. There he asks his daughter to sit with him. He had brought something that he wanted his daughter to have. He reaches into his shirt, and he brings out a locket. He takes it off his neck and places it around his daughter’s neck. He opened the locket. There was the dried flower. He told his daughter about how Claire had gotten the flower. "Now it is time for you to have it. It is three generations of family strength. I am giving it to you." He smiles at her, and gives her an embrace.


         "We have to be starting back before your mother sends the guard out to get us."


         The ride and race on their way back to the castle. That was one things that the duo did a lot together. They would ride sometimes they would be gone from day break to dusk. They really did love their times together.


         Yecheil was a great father. His life was centered on his family. He would not be gone more than three days at a time. He said, "A father out of a family means that the family falls a part."


         Yacheil often brought gifts back from his trips to his wife and daughter. A necklace for his wife. Sometimes he brought his daughter dolls made of china. He never forgot a birthday or holiday. He had brought Sara to be care taker for his daughter. Sara bonded to the child, and she loved her as much as Jade loved Queen Anne.


         Yacheil would not go to out to war without William or King Thomas. He took no chances to be killed since he became a father. He did not allow her to go on outings with the guard the way he had. She needed to spend time with his daughter in a safer way.


         He often wondered what his daughter's skills were. Yacheil would have other children to come into the castle to keep his daughter company. All he wanted was a happy and healthy family.


         Claire was not the usual princess. She loved the horses, and was good with the bow. However Yacheil would not allow her to teach Sanne the bow. He wanted a daughter that was all princess. In his eyes if she did not know the skill of combat, she would not have to engage in it.  However, Claire was never one to take orders well, and she wanted her daughter to be able to protect herself if the need arose. So Claire did teach Sanne to shoot. She taught the girl to ride, but she did not stop there. She also taught her daughter to cook, mend, and the etiquette of being royalty that she herself had learned from SanTrina.


         “Mother why is Father so different than others?”


         “He was sent as a gift to bring our people together, and to take fear away for those who are not the same as the normals.”  She looked at Sara who stood near by. “Sara would not come out in public. Her family had abandoned her. Then one day Prince and I met her. She saw how different he was, and decided to come to a party here at the castle. Before that all the people that you think are different hid. They were afraid of being hurt or teased by others.”


         “It would be sad to not go out any.”


         Sara smiles as she listens to the mother and daughter converse about those horrible day, and how she had hope now. “It was.” Sara whispered under her breath.


         “So in some ways Father is a type of hero.”


         Princess Claire smiles and nods her head. “We better be getting back to the castle before the Prince catches his princess shooting the arrows.


         The two walk back to the castle. Sanne pushes her grandmother's chair. Queen loved the time they spent together, and she supported allowing the girl to learn combat. She herself had to learn it, and it had saved her life on many occasions.


         As Sanne pushed the chair, Anne thought about how things had changed since she was a child. It was forbidden to marry one who is not royalty. Now she had been married for ten years to Sir William. She smiled and though,”I guess some changes are not bad.”


         Sir William proved his love many times by saving the queens life and her kingdom. She knew that her time was drawing neigh to her passing. She reached up on patted Sanne's hand.


         What a beautiful family that had grown from her son Thomas.  Thomas had never married again. Instead all his attention wen into the nation. The city of  Leynitice was as strong as the royal city of  Salaamanta. She was so  proud of her son. William had taught him well, and had been a good father without even realizing it himself.


         They reached the queen's chamber. “Sanne, please go get your father and sir William.” The queen moves from the chair to the bed. “You know that I love you child?”


         “Yes, My Queen.” Sanne go off to obey the queen and retrieve the queen's husband and son.


         “Sir William, the queen has ask to see you and King Thomas now.”


         “What is it that she needs?”


         “She did not say. She just sent me to get you.”


         Thinking that this was something that could wait until he finished his tour, he went about it first.


         When King Thomas heard that his mother needed, he went and met up with Sir William. The two went to see the queen.


         When they got there, she was in the room. There were not any servants, but there was a being at the head of her bed holding her hand. Otec sees Sir William, “You need to say good bye.”


         “Mother,” King Thomas runs to her side. “I will help you.”


         “Son, not this time.” Now William is holding her other hand. He was crying.


         Otec interrupts, “When the body has lived its full life, not even our power can stop death.”


         King Thomas ignored Otec's words. He tries over and over to heal his mother.


         “Son, don't waist your powers.” Anne smiles. “Just spend these last minutes together loving each other the way we always did. You and Yecheil are the future of this kingdom. I have made you strong, and I am proud of both of you.”


         She looks at her husband, “You have always been my friend. You have never let me down. I want you to know that I had always loved you. You were my strength when I thought that I would fail. Thank you.” The queen's hand went limp as she released her last breath.


         William lifted his wife's head into his chest. How could he go on? He knew nothing about life without his queen. Time just took his love away.


         It was a few days after Anne's death that Yecheil thinks about how much his daughter's happiness and time with him.


    Yecheil often summed Otec to bring him aboard the ship. He would go there so that he could gain insight into humans, and how he was able to help them and himself on the Earth. Many hours they would watch the behaviors of the people and duscuss how to help them not make mistakes. Yecheil was a smart man, and he was more human than he looked. Over time no one noticed all the differences. He just became one of them. King Thomas ruled, and Yecheil learned to rule. He knew that it would not be many years before his father gave him the throne. He was determined to learn what it took to be a great king. Though he had hoped for a son to be king after him, he was proud of Sanne. She would make a beautiful and wise queen when it was time. He had her to attend all the royal meetngs with him and King Thomas. She was being taught to be queen even before her father was king. She would certainly be ready for the rule. William was getting older, and he still refused to step from the guard. He was a proud man. Everyone knew that he would die with his sword drawn. It seemed at times that with the sword drawn was the way he was born. He missed Anne. He did not look for another wife. He retained his title of Sir William, and carried on as if she were still with him. There was not one minute of any day that he did not say good night toward the sky to his lovely wife, Anne. Yecheil missed both Anne and Sed. They were his grandparents that he loved. Sed finally created a impassable bond with Yecheil. There was a time when Sed took an arrow in the stomach to save Yecheil. Of course, he survived this attack. Sed did get to see Sanne when she was very young, and they seemed to converse without even speaking. Sed was the first to know that she had powers of her grand father King Thomas. They would smile, Sed and Sanne would sit staring at each other with a giggle from time to time. It was as if it were their private game. Yecheil would watch them and think about taking a walk into their minds to hear their conversations, but then he thought, "This is their way to bond." He would just smile and walk away. Queen Anne was not only the woman who raised Thomas as her son, she had to raise Yecheil her self also. She was the best woman, mother, and queen that he had ever known about. She would talk to Yecheil while he was little about his mother. She did not speak about Arebella with hate. She explained that Arrie was mis guided. Yecheil was in deed a man. Everything that he had been though made him very strong. He used the problems that his mother had for him to make him a better parent. He helped everyone no matter their differences feel equal with any one else. Sara comes in running, "Prince fetch the King and come. Lady SanTrina needs to see the both of you."


      Without question, the Prince went to gather his father to go with him to SanTrina. When they arrived she was standing in the courtyard. "She was crying. I have been visited by Arrie again." She cried."She has asked me to join her in the next life. I wanted to go so baddy, but I asked for more time because I wanted time with the two of you. She granted me this so that I can say goodbye. She wants both of you to be with me when I go. This will be the last time she visits the living." "Lady," The King starts,"When will she come to receive you?" "She will come in the hour of the harvest celebration." SanTrina looked at her family. "I am happy to go, but I will miss both of you and our little girl." She looks at Prince Yacheil. "My grandson, care for Claire and Sanne. They are my life continuing to go on after my death. Always make them happy. That is all that I ask of you." Yecheil feel to his knees,"I will, They are my life also." He kisses her hand. "I will miss you." She guides him to his feet. "I have done what God has put me on this Earth for. I have raised some wonderful children. I am proud of both of you."


         She and Yecheil spent their day walking through the courtyard. They discussed the past and the ones that had loved and lost. They knew that life was about to change yet again for Yecheil and King Thomas.


         Knowing that SanTrina would not be with the living long, The royal family decided to stay with her in Leynitice. They needed to make arrangements to set another judge when SanTrina dies. The city was really unaware of the situation of SanTrina. They loved her, and they would morn before she had gone.


         Tess cared for SanTrina, and she was one of the only people that knew that she had been told of her death. Tess really found it hard to not cry when she watch SanTrina act as if she had forever to live.


         Tess asked her, "Are you not sad to have to leave this world?"


         SanTrina answers, "No, dear, I have people who are waiting for me. I believe that this is not the last of me. Arrie visiting me has shown me that there is life after death, and she and Sed will be putting my family together. Queen Anne will be there. I have more there than I do here now."


         William did not know about SanTrina, but he could see the darkness filling her eyes. He did not have to told that she would be leaving. He could see it in most of what she did. She seemed more energetic than she had been in years.


         SanTrina and Sanne would walk the court yards together, and SanTrina made sure that her grand daughter would know about the city from which that she was born. She loved to see Sanne's eyes shine as she heard the stories about the city while it was a kingdom. "You are from royalty. All your family were kings and queens." SanTrina was happy to see the child happy and full of energy.


         SanTrina decided to have a party. She invited everyone in the city to come and celebrate her life with her family. She sent for all who had attended the party of Yecheil so many years before. She sent for the best musicians, best food, and she sent for the jesters. She wanted everyone to have a good time. It was the time that she was going to say her good byes to those she loved. She wanted them to be happy for her life, and not morn for her passing.


         William made the ride around the city with Sanne to tell of the big celebration. They did not know the reason of the celebration. All that they knew was that she was planning a big party. They were excited, but William would not tell the child what his suspicions were about SanTrina. He hopped that he was wrong about what he thought about SanTrina.


         SanTrina and Tess worked with the servants to ready the room for the party. She put out many portraits of Sed and her wonderful Princess Arebella. She had the gardener bring many many flowers. She filled the throne area with many gifts. She had gifts that were labeled with names, but there were many that were not labeled. They were gifts to everyone that she knew in the city. She had gifts for those she knew, those she only met, and extras for those she had not met. She was not going to miss anyone. Everyone would know that SanTrina loved them and that they were important to her.


         Sara hung the streamers of gold and silver silk high on the walls and chandelier. She had children to help with paintings and such to decorate the party walls. She sent for the best animals in her city to be prepared for the celebration.


         Yecheil knew that SanTrina's days were numbered. He did not spend a lot time with her while she was planning the party. He found it too hard to watch her celebrate her own death. He knew that she had to go, but she did not have to make it look as if she was happy to go, happy to die. He kept busy training the guard with King Thomas.


         King Thomas noticed that his son was distracted. he seemed to be angry. "Yecheil, why are you so distant?"


         "I am just busy with preparing the guards."


         "You have not been the same since you heard of the visit of your mother to SanTrina. SanTrina has been asking for you. It hurts for her to think that you do not want to spend time with her."


         "I am going to the party." Yecheil replies. "I do not know what there is celebrate."


         "She is going to be with her family. Don't you think that she would be excited to see them again."


         Yecheil just looked down, and walked away. He knew that his father was right, and that loosing both Grand mothers was causing him to be selfish in wanting to keep SanTrina on the Earth because he would miss her. He did not think about how she misses her family. He did not think about how she had lived a long life of ninety three years and that she was tired. After speaking to his gather, he realized that she needed to be with her family.
© Copyright 2013 Ida_Matilda_Wright Help (UN: writing_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ida_Matilda_Wright Help has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740033-chapter-eleven