*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740131-Tuesday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#740131 added November 22, 2011 at 10:16am
Restrictions: None
Tuesday
On the list today, in addition to the ongoing goals: grocery shopping and laundry.

Moving and Renovation
*Bullet* Move crap out of the garage:
*Bullet* Move crap out of the studio:
*Bullet* Renovation: We didn't get any work done last night because Keith had to work late. So we're trying again today. The wall and door frame for the classroom closet are erected. We need to hang the door and drywall, and frame and drywall the back of the closet, closing off the current opening between the classroom and the back room (which will eventually be divided up into an office, an additional lesson room, and the new computer lab. Then we have to clean and paint and move the lab. And maybe buy computers for all the lesson rooms? It's on the list... just not sure if it will happen this iteration of the renovations.

Knitting:
I gave up and instead hung Sammy's "I need to go outside" bells from a bunch of paper clips all connected to each other. *Thumbsup* It took all of sixty seconds (compare to the days I've spent knitting.) Work smarter, not harder, people.

Reach 275 students at MTMS   by 12/31/11.
*Writing* Since we're closed this week, I don't expect it to move much away from our current number of 234.

I'd like to implement some process improvements:
* Allow online class enrollments (currently we only have this set up for samplers)
* Allow online payments (not sure how to let the customer enter the amount)
* Electronic timekeeping for employees
* Performance evaluations - several months overdue!

I think I've abandoned the database project, at least for now, because Google Docs is working so well for us. It's still awkward for planning out more than two or three weeks (like when a really proactive customer says I need to be out Feb. 3rd), but it happens so rarely that it's not worth the time to develop an application (I've done this for hire, and I charge several thousand dollars - if that gives an indication of the time involved.) But when Google Docs develops a database application, I'll be hitting it.

Writing:
*Bullet* Blog at MT.com   by the end of the month: *Check*
*Bullet* 30 minutes of daily freestyle writing: N/A in November. *Check*
*Bullet* 2,000 NaNoWriMo   words per day: In progress. Today's goal is 44,000. I'm at 43,368, but I have the whole day ahead of me. (Famous last words.)

Count points: 2
So far today:
(-2) Walk/jog
(1) Coffee
(2) Yogurt
(1) Granola bar

I always start my days off on such good footing. Then I find candy or ice cream or chips or something.

© Copyright 2011 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740131-Tuesday