*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740262-Something-for-which-we-can-be-thankful
Rated: 18+ · Book · Sci-fi · #1587540
Not hardcore enough to be ultra nerdy, but it's not that shallow, either.
#740262 added November 24, 2011 at 9:49pm
Restrictions: None
Something for which we can be thankful
Yeah, I know I've been terrible about posting in this blog this year. I admit I've been channeling more energy into my photo blog and trying to make my entries here a little more substantial. After all, I am a quality over quantity kind of girl. That said, I must write this entry to celebrate the fact that the new Star Trek movie is set to start filming on January 15, 2012. *Confettib**Confettiy**Delight**Confettib**Confettiy* What is this entry? A veritable Star Trek link dump! Damn right. I am going to give you lots of Trek-related links to browse because they just seem to be everywhere these days (maybe as a far from subtle hint to J.J. and company that the fanboys/girls are getting restless). Actually, that parenthetical statement is a good place to kick off this hyperlink festival.

*Globe* A general musing on turnaround time for sequels of genre movies  
*Globe* Stepping stones to building a true classic  
*Globe* The opening act for the day S.P.O.C.K. starts touring again?  
*Globe* I think the rest of this is worth seeing, if only the clip wasn't so short  
*Globe* Looks a hell of a lot better than most music today  
*Globe* Benicio Del Toro? Really? I have my doubts.  

And now we're apparently waiting for the movie until 2013. Some people claim that a lot of fans have moved onto other things. I think the ones with short attention spans probably have, but I suspect there are more fans that initially watched 11 and decided to fully board the Star Trek train, embracing all of its incarnations in some way. Star Trek endures, and I for one am willing to wait for the next movie. After all, I'd rather they take their time to make a good movie. They better bring their A game, though, if they really want to impress this quality-over-quantity girl.


© Copyright 2011 Elisa the Bunny Stik (UN: soledad_moon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elisa the Bunny Stik has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740262-Something-for-which-we-can-be-thankful