*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740490-Songwriting
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#740490 added November 27, 2011 at 6:39am
Restrictions: None
Songwriting
I finished NaNo, so I was going to establish songwriting goals for December. Then I considered running a songwriting challenge in either December or January. Did a bunch of research on possible exercises to help develop the art of songwriting and result in an arsenal of actual songs, and had a lot of fun plotting and planning. Then I did research at WDC for my target market.

There are 209 items designated as "lyrics" in all of Writing.com.
There are 13 items with the word "songwriting" in them.

Not much of a target market. It makes me wonder if I could run a 750Words - style website related to songwriting. But 750 is so easy - you just write. I managed like 4,500 words yesterday alone, just because I was brainstorming about the financial state of my business (read: avoid discussing the financial state of my business with me unless you want an earful.) How would you establish reasonable goals around songwriting that are easy enough to actually accomplish, and what kind of rewards would there be? I was thinking some sort of mandatory reviews would be helpful. Or coaching? Maybe MTMS can run an online course with feedback from coaches.

I dunno. *shrug* A one-month challenge at WDC seemed like the way to go, because it works so well for Prep. It's the perfect time and frequency - everyone gets psyched for it, because it's only once a year, and it's a month-long intense activity. More often would be too much. Songwriting seems like the same situation. It takes a lot of effort to journal / brainstorm / compose / edit / set to music / record songs, so you would need intermediate goals.

Maybe I should just stop with the scope creep and write my own songs.

© Copyright 2011 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740490-Songwriting