*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740836-Thursday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#740836 added December 1, 2011 at 5:10am
Restrictions: None
Thursday
I closed on my house yesterday. Bittersweet: I no longer have a mortgage, but I also no longer have a house. On the other other hand, a ton of stuff just fell off my to-do list, so I can focus on new goals.

Moving and Renovation
*Bullet* Move crap out of the garage: Obviously this goal can go, since I gave the garage door opener to the new owner.
*Bullet* Move crap out of the studio: Just need an orange tote for the Halloween gear. Also need Keith and the trailer to move out the stage and other large items.
*Bullet* Renovation: The back office / future computer lab is a MESS. But I finished organizing the closet in the classroom, which is an area exposed to customers. The back can wait until Keith can bring the trailer over.

Reach 275 students at MTMS   by 12/31/11.
*Writing* It's withdrawal week (a.k.a, my tuition is due, and I decided I'm not going to continue and therefore not going to pay for December even though we require two weeks' notice to withdraw), and we're at 232.5. Not shabby. I'm vying for 250, which is my next pay raise, and then 275, when the receptionist goes to full time hours. 275 by the end of this month might be unreasonable. The most we've ever climbed in a single month was 47 students, and that wasn't in a holiday month (we're closed the entire last week of December.)

Writing:
*Bullet* Blog at MT.com   by the end of the month: Pending.
*Bullet* 30 minutes of daily freestyle writing: I hereby eliminate this goal in favor of the following.

New writing goals:
*Bullet* 30 minutes of songwriting per day: Pending.
*Bullet* One fiction contest entry per day: Pending, and possibly the most ridiculous goal I've ever set for myself.

Count points:
No, and I'm starting to feel ill from overeating and fast weight gain. I've got a group talking about a competition in January, with an entry fee, where the winner takes the pot (or the top three winners split the pot.) Details pending.

© Copyright 2011 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/740836-Thursday