*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/742557-Chapter-12--Enjoy-your-day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Dark · #1835715
Ryan learns that his sins have come back to haunt him after entering the Gates Ferry Mall
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#742557 added December 26, 2011 at 1:48am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 12- Enjoy your day



Scene XII- Enjoy Your Day



  As Ryan fell through the fire, his skin burning to the bone, everything seemed to flip upside down. Instead of falling downwards, he began to fall up. He flew upwards so quickly that the wind prevented him from opening his eyes. He could tell through his closed eyes that something bright was nearing, and for a second he thought that he might be heading towards heaven because of the self sacrifice that he had chosen to make. Ryan’s body began to heal, his flesh connecting back to his body like pieces of a puzzle, his bones mending back to their prior shape and structure, and his nourishment and physical composition regaining a healthy stance. Out of nowhere Ryan burst through the mirror that he was pulled into and landed on the floor of the changing room where he had piles of materialistic items surrounding him once again. The mirror began to fix itself with glasses flying into place like an automated puzzle. As Ryan analyzed the dressing room he jumped back in disgust of all of the objects that had sent him there. He was so relieved to be back in the mall that he quickly put on his original clothing from which he had entered and then sprinted out of the dressing room and into the store yelling for Flueric. He ran out of the store and into the grand lobby shouting Flueric’s name over and over. He searched up and down and could not find him anywhere. Finally, out of nowhere, Ryan heard Flueric’s charming voice call back. Ryan rushed up to Ric and hugged him. He was so grateful that he had returned back and began to boast about his new outlook on life and the new perspective he had gained. Ric was very excited for him, and congratulated him on the completed task. Ryan shook Ric’s hand, and then hugged him once more. As Ryan began to make his way towards the front door Flueric called his name, asking him where his shoes were. Ryan looked down, laughing at his foolishness, and then walked back towards Ric. Ric had Ryan’s shoes dangling from his fingers by the laces. Ryan grabbed them with a smile and began to put them on his feet. As Ryan bent down to tie his shoes he felt a cold burst of wind on his face. He looked up and Flueric was gone. Ryan stood up and felt a terrible chill rush down his spine. He began to try and flee for the door, but he could not move, his shoes began to melt into the floor. Ryan tried to pull his feet out of the shoes, but he had tied them so tight from his excitement that they were unable to slip out. He reached down and began to untie his shoes quickly, but by the time he finished it was futile, for his feet had already melted through the soles and were now halfway into the ground. He stood back up to call for help, but this time Flueric was right in front of him. Horns had grinded out of the top of his head, his skin was brown and diseased, and wings erected out of his back. Ryan started to tremble as he remembered all of the suspicious activity that Flueric had done since the beginning of his entry to the Gates Ferry Mall. Ryan began to understand that Flueric had everything to do with this because he was Satan. The letters that spelled Flueric began to jumble in Ryan’s head, and as he rearranged them he realized that they spelled Lucifer. His mind flashed back to the highway where Ryan crashed his car into the innocent man, but this time he pieced together the reality of it. The car he crashed into wasn’t real, for he had been so distracted by the argument on the phone that he went off of the road and barrel rolled into the forest killing him instantly. Gates Ferry Mall had been the entrance to Ryan’s eternity, and he was to be damned for his sins. Ryan stared into Lucifer’s eyes once more, and Lucifer struck Ryan with a devastating blow. Ryan fell onto his back with his feet still molded into the tile flooring, thus causing his knees to break. Lucifer jumped on top of Ryan and began to deliver repeated strikes into his body, each one opening up the ground more and more underneath of him. With one final blow Ryan was sent back down to hell, this time forever. Lucifer collected himself and transformed into his deceptive custodial image once more, shaking off the event that just happened. As he dusted his uniform off there was a loud knock at the towering entrance doors. From the distance Lucifer could see a young girl; an innocent girl who seemed to be around the same age as Ryan was. She knocked again, and called out Ryan’s name. Julie was her name, and she had taken her own life because of the utter depression Ryan had caused her after leaving. Lucifer snickered to himself and then opened the front door. “You must be freezing,” Flueric said to Julie as she stood outside looking pathetically innocent. “Yes, have you seen my boyfriend? His name is Ryan and his car is right outside.” Julie asked so politely. “I can’t say I have… but let’s get you inside here before you freeze. I’m sure we can figure out a way to help you find him,” Flueric replied. Julie followed him in and the grand entrance of the Gates Ferry Mall sealed shut once more.


© Copyright 2011 JonnyKia (UN: jonnykia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JonnyKia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/742557-Chapter-12--Enjoy-your-day