*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/742690-Company
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#742690 added December 28, 2011 at 1:55pm
Restrictions: None
Company
If I had my way, I'd do all my entertaining on the front steps.
Alan Ladd

It was hard finding a quote expressing my feelings about entertaining. Most of them were about how much the person loved entertaining and having people in. I value my privacy, probably too much. Once the people get here, I enjoy visiting with them. I'm just a weirdo about actually inviting people over in that I never do it. My husband invited his sister and her family over for their Christmas get-together. My house was already clean, so that wasn't the problem. The problem is that I have a bad attitude about having people over. And I have done an excellent job of not fussing about the fact that they are coming because I know that's just me being peculiar.

Okay, rant over! But now that I am through fussing, I'm going to go to bragging on myself. My sister-in-law is doing the gluten-free thing, so I actually went to the store and got a gluten-free cake mix. I had to sympathize with her in her effort because there was only one gluten-free cake mix out of the whole bunch and it was way more expensive. It's in the oven even as we speak. It actually smells pretty good. I bought a glaze to put on it. Hopefully that won't ruin the whole gluten-free idea.

A funny from yesterday: I went to the grocery store for my mother. I was going down the aisle, and coming the other way was the funniest thing. These two children were probably brother and sister. Their mother was about 15 steps ahead of them, trying to ignore them and concentrate on her shopping. I have been down that road, many times. Anyway, the girl was in the grocery cart (normally I would say grocery buggy, but the last time I did that, nobody knew what I meant), and the boy was pushing. She was saying "Slow down! Slow down! Stop!" So he did. I was impressed that he actually did what she asked. Then she said "Do it again!" That made my day. I laughed to myself the rest of the way through the store. Even though I was thinking that if that were my children, it would have been another story!


© Copyright 2011 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/742690-Company