*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743276-Chapter-Five
by Lana
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #1828648
Leila finds out who she really is. Will she survive and fulfill her destiny?
#743276 added January 4, 2012 at 2:00am
Restrictions: None
Chapter Five
              Chapter 5

              I jumped out of the bed and stumbled to the window at the end of the room. I unlocked it and slid it open. Not quite as large as a picture window, but big enough for a person or two, I watched as he slid through with ease and landed silently on the ground.

              “Brandon taught you well.” I said impressed.

            “Yeah he’s a great teacher and I’ve learned so much from him. I wish you were there more.” He said sliding his arms around me and pulling me close. My heart pounded and I remembered our kiss in the garden. I rested my head against his chest and listened to his heart beat. The steady rhythm soothed me, and I wrapped my arms around him.

            “Why did you come through the window?” I asked looking up into his dark eyes. The moon light illuminated his face perfectly and I drew in a breath to steady myself.

            “I didn’t want to wake anyone up. Brandon is on to us and Max made a comment or two already.” A wry smile turned up the corner of his full lips.

              “Your acting like this is a big secret love affair Dekker. We just kissed… once…” I stumbled over my words. He stared into my eyes with determined intensity. I couldn‘t move or speak and breathing wasn’t coming to me naturally.  He angled his head towards mine and brushed his lips against my bottom lip. I quivered.

              “Was it really just a kiss Leila?” He whispered this against my mouth then teased my top lip with his tongue. His sweet breath wafted through my lips and settled onto my tongue. I craved his kiss. My body melted against his solid chest. It simply felt good to be in his embrace. I felt wanted and comforted and safe. Here in his arms, it feels easy, natural. Like we were meant to be. Dekker is right, it wasn’t just a kiss. There were sparks flying, huge ones at that. 

            “There’s something more between us, something strong and you know it.” He whispered softly in my ear then brushed his lips against the tip of my earlobe. Stroking my back with long strides he worked his way up and down my waist. My body reacted and my brain went to mush.
            “Something more.” he said. What ever it was; I wanted it. I slid my arms up his back and over his muscular shoulders. Lifting my head, I touched my lips to his. I couldn’t think, but noticed the flood of emotions driving through me. I pressed against him, my breasts tingled against him and my tongue explored his mouth with vigor.  He groaned, reciprocating my kiss with his own enthusiasm. His hands explored my body with an intense need. He slid a hand up my tight tank top and I inched back. He rubbed his thumb across my nipple with expertise, and I moaned when he lightly pinched it between his fingers. My hands did some roaming of their own as well. I felt the curve of his shoulders and his muscular back while working my way slowly down to his bottom.  I trailed my fingers around to the front of him. A rough and low throaty sound escaped him as I stroked. We kissed harder, with more passion. Feeling I was about to explode, I fumbled with his belt buckle, eager to rid him of his jeans. He tensed and pulled back. Startled and confused, I felt the heat in my cheeks. Did I do something wrong? His body was saying YES, YES, YES a few seconds ago.

            “Not now. I have something to show you first.” he said breathlessly. I stared at him wide eyed, not knowing exactly what he meant. Still in a state of lust, I secretly hoped it would be a strip tease. I blinked hard, struggling to reign in my hormones and focus on what he was about to say.
          “At my place, that’s why I came.”

A wave of disappointment, hurt and rejection came crashing down on me. He didn’t come because he wanted to be with me. He had some business to attend to. Probably one of Max’s new inventions, or maybe he built a grand cascading waterfall in his incredibly beautiful garden. Maybe he wanted me in his bed.  Did he think he could just take me to his layer and bed me? Not likely. I crossed my arms and eyed him incredulously. He was taken aback by my reaction and his eyes flashed with panic and shock. Shock? Did he expect me to just jump up, run to his place and throw myself on his bed? Was he shocked because he never had a reaction like that from another girl? How many girls had he taken home and how easy was it for him? Judging by his reaction, pretty easy I think. I barely knew him and here I was ready to do the nasty with him, right here in Max‘s house. Pissed at myself for letting my guard down and even more ticked off that I almost let him have his way with me, I spit out my words with anger.

“What do you have to show me Dekker? Why didn’t you bring it here? Did you think I was going to simply follow you to your home no questions asked? I’m not an idiot Dekker!” I shook my head to emphasize the last of my words. I started to doubt myself. I am a total idiot. He flinched, and then comprehension flashed across his face.

“No, no that’s not what I meant Leila; I swear it’s real important, honest.  I wasn’t planning anything like that. I, I…”
He fumbled through his sentence and then stiffened with seriousness. “It’s something I think you should see something important, about you, your history, who you are.” He turned towards the window and climbed out. I watched him walk away for a few seconds before I closed the window and kicked the wall below it. I felt stupid. In my defense I was a little hurt and felt rejected. My pride got the best of me. Embarrassed, I went back to bed, mulling over the events of the day in increments all the way down to what had just happened. When I concluded that my curiosity overruled my chagrin, I rolled off the bed and walked out of the bedroom door though the corridor and headed for the front door. Brandon was on the sofa in front of the television, with some kind of remote in his hand.

“Are you playing a video game?”

“Yeah, play station, Halo. Wanna watch?” he said, eyes glued to the screen.

“Nah I’m going to Dekker’s place out back.” Grabbing Brandon’s light but oversized jacket, I swung it around and over my shoulders, sliding my arms in the large sleeves with ease. It was slung over the arm chair he occupied and since I didn’t think to bring mine, his would do. He didn’t look like he would move for hours anyway. His eyes widened in a shocked expression, but didn’t shift from the screen.

“What for?” 

“He wants to show me something.” I shrugged like it was no big deal.

“Oh yeah, what’s that?” 

I walked towards the front door. Although his back was facing me, I knew his eyebrow was raised in suspicion.

            “If I knew I wouldn’t be going to find out. See ya.”  I walked out the door and made my way around the house. I could have gone through the window and maybe no one would have known, but, secrets didn’t sit well with me. I thought of David and our deteriorating relationship. Besides I had nothing to hide and I definitely have no intention of doing anything with Dekker that includes kissing, rubbing, touching, well you get the point. I’m going to find out what it is and go to bed. My bed. Maybe I’ll kiss him goodnight.  No not even that. When did I become so weak willed? Jeez. The garden lights were on illuminating each corner with a different color. The colors blended as the rays met up with each other creating an enchanting hue in the center over the tiny bridge and into the water below.  I hurried through the garden, slowing when I reached the bridge and stopped at the spot where we shared our kiss, lingering for a bit before completely crossing it. Sighing, I stayed on the path. I like Dekker, really I do. He is fun to be around, witty, charming, and of course gorgeous. I just don’t know if I want a romantic relationship right now. There is too much to deal with at the moment, plus this won’t likely be a permanent residence for us. We never stay anywhere for long and I fear the longer we stay, the more danger Max and Dekker will be in. Casting those thoughts aside and promising myself I would think about that later, I focused on controlling my emotions. Apparently this is a problem when I am around Dekker. Nearing the end of the path, I made way through the weeping willows while my heart did a loopty loop at the thought of seeing him again. A rush of adrenaline seeped through and joined the whirlwind that were my emotions. The anticipation of knowing more about who I am, really truly am, made its way to the top spot. 

            I stopped a few feet from the little replica of Max’s home and collected myself. I’ve never been to a guy’s house before. Sure we’ve stayed with people before and some of the guys there were cute, but with my protectors at my side, they shied away from me. It was never a long stay anyway, rest, eat and move on. That was the extent of it. There wasn’t time for anything to bloom. But being here for a few months now, I’ve gotten to know Dekker more that I would’ve liked. I promised max I would train him, I owed him big time. He saved my life. He didn’t seem to mind us here either. Brandon made himself at home immediately and I instinctively felt the same way. David was in and out, I barely saw him and we scarcely talked. He changed, was different somehow. I couldn’t exactly put my finger on it. I worry about him and I feel helpless because I have no idea how to help him. A light breeze blew against my back, and with it delivered the various fragrances of the perfumed blossoms behind me. I filled my lungs with the invigorating scent and moved forward ready to face my future. With the front door wide open, I spied a dim light towards the rear of the house. Is he expecting me? I crossed the threshold expecting to find an exact copy of Max’s. What I found surprised me. The kitchen tiny square frame held enough room for a table, chairs and few appliances. Ancient brick covered the walls showing some discolored spots a shade lighter or darker from previous repairs. I assume the oven is as ancient as the wall it was built into. An old round chestnut table and three chairs filled the middle not leaving much room to maneuver around. The refrigerator fairly new and modern build awkwardly stood out against the old fashioned kitchen. The fresh linoleum was the perfect color brown, meshing well with everything in the tiny space. I almost expected to see a wrinkly old grandmother humming while she baked cookies or kneaded dough or something. I glided through the kitchens arched brick doorway into a slightly larger area I suppose is the family room or den.  A large sofa and TV took up most of the space. A laptop propped up on a fold out table was strategically placed against the corner of the room facing the window overlooking the garden. The open space, small compared to Max’s, felt large and comfortable. The simplicity of what I’ve seen so far seems odd compared to the complexity and creativity of the garden just outside.  Not sure which suits his personality more? Maybe both.

              To the left of me were two doors. One I assume is the restroom and other is Dekker’s bedroom. The halfway cracked open door with the dim light shining through clued me in. He took my breath away when my eyes locked on him sitting on the edge of his bed, strumming a soft and sweet tune on his guitar. Tiptoeing in, I scanned the area. Next to the bed, a night table with a little lamp dimly lit his corner of the room. On the far end of the room a tiny sofa sat opposite a large walk in closet, which showed a few garments hanging inside and a tall dresser. If there are any doors, the shadows concealed them. A few books were scattered on the sofa and the small tree trunk table in front of it. I quietly glided to the other side of the bed sensing his awareness of my presence, but hoping he would continue his melody. He did and I stretched out on the comforter and propped myself up on my elbow and closed my eyes. I listened to his mellifluous voice when he hummed along to his euphonious tune. I feel at ease when I am with him. I can’t deny that no matter how hard I try, and I simply don’t care to try at the moment. With a smile on my lips and warm feeling in my chest, I enjoyed every note he strummed. I thought of good things from my past mostly. Smiling at the sunrise, snowball fights, Brandon sneaking up behind me and surprising me with flowers, and David and I staying up late around a campfire, talking about nothing in particular. I thought of this little child I glimpsed once. She was being pushed on a swing, her face filled with pure joy.  Many happy thought crossed my mind. I was surprised I had so many. The happy feelings these memories stirred up surprised me too. Maybe Dekker has something to do with it too. I feel happy when I am with him. I’m not sure, but I think this place has something to do with it too.  Even David and Brandon seemed at ease, and not on constant alert. I focused on his sweet serenade. Lost in his beautiful tune, I didn’t notice he stopped until I felt his lips on mine. Gently his lips moved against mine, and I kissed him back just as soft. After a moment, we slowly pulled apart and I smiled letting my eyes flutter open.

“Leila, I’m sorry about earlier.” His dark eyes focused on mine. “I’m so happy you came. I didn’t mean for you to get upset, I… just…” My finger on his lips silenced him.

“Shhh. Don’t be sorry.” I whispered. “I should be the one apologizing. I shouldn’t have been so rude to you. “I removed my finger and fidgeted with a loose string on the bottom of my tank top. Breathing slowly, I continued. “I have these new and strong emotions and I’m not sure how to handle them.” I ran my fingers through my hair and twisted the ends anxiously.  My eyes focused on a strand of hair. “I don’t have that much experience with men and I don’t want to rush into something I’m not sure will last.” I peeked up embarrassed.
              His raised eyebrows were enough for me to know I should elaborate.
        “We’re always on the move and I don’t want to hurt you.” That wasn’t the entire truth. I left out the part about me not wanting to be hurt again. I sighed and felt the heat invade my cheeks.  I can’t believe I just told him that.
            “In fact, the men I encounter usually try to kill me.” I am referring to the demons whose human forms morph into ugly creatures with the sole purpose to see to my demise. His eyes widened and anger flashed quickly through them.

“I’m sorry that your life has seen such horrible things.” He stretched his arm to stroke my hair. “Someone as special as you, as beautiful as you, should never have to experience these things.” He caressed my cheek. “As long as you’re here with me, I will protect you from it all. I won’t let any harm come to you, I swear.”  He pledged this to me from his heart. I smiled.

“I don’t think that’s necessary, I have my own personal bodyguards.” I raised a cocky brow and he laughed.

“I wouldn’t mind sharing you with Brandon. I don’t think he’d mind anyway. He found Halo and will be stuck on that for a few days. “Brandon and Dekker got along very well, and I’m happy that Brandon has found another companion other than David and me. We joked about that a little and talked of spending the day together away from the house. He offered to take me to a mall so I can stock up on some clothes and things. Max has been kind enough to supply me with some old clothes that belonged to his late wife. Though I appreciated the kind gesture, I was a bit uncomfortable strolling around the house in them, and Dekker picked up on that. Dekker picked up on a lot of things about me. Plus, he heard Brandon complaining about my borrowing his clothes and how much he hates it when I cut up his t-shirts and stuff like that. In my defense, Brandon is huge, and I can’t walk around wearing loose clothing. It could mean imminent death if the material gets caught in a massive claw. My mouth ached from all the smiling and laughing, but I would take this good ache over any other one I’ve felt in the last year. Propped up on his elbow to face me, he smiled when I reached for his free hand. Our fingers clasped together and playfully danced around each other. The light hearted atmosphere suddenly became intense, when his dreamy gaze turned serious.
           
            “Leila, I have never felt this way before.” He pursed his lips and creased his eyebrows. “I don’t know what’s going on with my emotions when I’m with you. I can’t help myself. I have to be near your or even see you. I want to kiss you and hold you every second, I try to… I don’t know… it’s like I’m drawn to you.” His eyes held an intense innocence to them. I blushed and shifted my stare to our interlocked hands. I knew exactly what he meant, I felt the same way. When I finally looked up into his dark sexy eyes, my heart thumped, my pulse pounded, and I couldn’t figure out how to breathe properly. Weakening by the second, I managed to squeak out a question.

            “What should we do about it?” Our eyes remained locked and I felt his hand untwine from mine. His fingers traced over the top of my hand and over my wrist, then slowly moved up my arm triggering a bout of Goosebumps.

            “We go slow.” he said in a low husky tone. He continued up and over my shoulder, stopping momentarily to give extra attention to the sensitive spot on my neck.  I gasped. My body trembled with desire. I wanted to feel his lips on mine, needed his warm body pressed against me. I felt his unsteady fingers dance their way behind my head. He smirked in his sexy way.
            “But, we go with It.” he whispered. Then his lips were on mine. My arms wrapped around his neck in an automatic way like they’ve done it a thousand times. He gently guided me down before lowering himself on top. Sliding a hand down his muscular back, I pulled him closer. I felt every inch of him, every single inch. His needy tongue explored my mouth. Pulling my other hand out of his hair, I grabbed hold of his shirt and lifted it up and over his head. My tank top remained on to my disappointment, but his hand wandered under and slowly cupped my breast.  Heat flooded my body when his fingers went to work over my nipple. I arched my back in pleasure and his lips moved down my neck in a frenzy. When he found my breast, my mind went blank as his tongue danced around insatiably, causing a new and more pleasurable sensation. My loud moaning snapped me out of my intoxicated state enough to notice my hips thrusting against the hard bulge of his jeans, and my legs tightly wrapped around him. A feral flame of passion surfaced and I picked up the pace. His body quivered and rocked with mine. His mouth moved hungrily over to the other breast and worked more magic. We moved in sync, increasing our speed with each momentum of pleasure. With one hand intertwined in his hair, and the other clamped to his thigh, I pulled at him and begged him to move faster and harder until I reached my explosive climax. His release followed immediately, his just as explosive. I quivered with a delightful aftershock.  He collapsed onto me, his hand still on my breast and his other still clutching the comforter. Our lips met again, this time with a more deliberate and sensual purpose. Dekker rolled off of me and onto his side taking me with him, careful not to break our kiss. Our breathing slowed but remained heavy as feelings of satisfaction rolled up and down our bodies. The question of what happened to my tank top floated through my head, but I didn’t have the energy to look for it. I don’t remember taking it off. At least my panties remained in their rightful place. When our kiss finally ended, Dekker’s hurried across the hall to change out of his jeans. He returned from the bathroom wearing a fresh pair of boxers and climbed into the comforter so I could settle onto his chest. My skin felt good on his and I inched closer enjoying the feel of my bare breast on him. My eyes fluttered closed when his arms tightened around me. We remained silent for the rest of the night, our slow, sensual kisses being the only form of communication between us.
          So much for going slow. There is no denying how drawn we are to each other. It is a strong, unyielding force that connects us. Fighting is feels wrong. I wondered for a moment why that was so. But easily forgot my thought, when his strong arms rolled me on top.
© Copyright 2012 Lana (UN: lana18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743276-Chapter-Five