*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743526-Day-Six-Anything-Goes---Motown-Edition
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1523686
Nothing like a fortune cookie to make a year intriguing.
#743526 added January 6, 2012 at 11:52pm
Restrictions: None
Day Six: Anything Goes - Motown Edition
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
The Prompt: Anything Goes!
The Music: Motown Classics



*Clef* Stevie Wonder - "As" *Clef*

A new semester of school is in session. Attending two different schools is definitely a new experience. Going to class takes much more energy than I remember. It really hasn't been that long since I've actually had to go, sit and listen. But I feel like it has been years, and I am truly out of shape. My schedule kind of went pear-shaped over the last couple of days. Instead of attending school four days a week, I'll be going every day. Not that much of change. Except I notice that I'm one of the eldest students in my classes. Makes me feel old, which is absolutely ridiculous, right? Right. Can I borrow someone's cane?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NDholT0NdU&feature=fvst
*Clef* Edwin Starr - "25 Miles" *Clef*

Maybe because of the holidays, or the added workload, or something in the water, but I've kind of lost my appetite. I was reprimanded the other night by my loved ones because I hadn't eaten dinner. Or lunch. Half of a tuna fish sandwich was forced down my throat. Ah, love. Today was the same deal. Made so watery mac and cheese from the box. Couldn't really taste it, but it got the job done. This would be worrisome if I cared. Honestly, I really don't. And I have enough padding on zee bod to not have to worry about starving. Apathy = Problem Solved.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE2fnYpwrng
*Clef* Martha & the Vandellas - "Heatwave"*Clef*

Found a hole in my Led Zeppelin t-shirt the other day. That was kind of depressing seeing as it is not even close to being authentic. It was one of those whim buys at the store where you know you need a new shirt, but really don't have the heart to cut through a pack of raving hyenas (Southern California Discount Moms) to pick out a shirt. I went to the dude clothes section, saw the Led Zeppelin logo, "Kashmir" immediately popped into my head, and I bought the damn thing. I'll patch it. It almost has sentimental value.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nA18g_PwG0
*Clef* Otis Redding - "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay" *Clef*

I've been thinking about my short time in the Bay Area lately. B'ham is close the same experience with less crazy people, less pollution, and less pot. Except there is no shiny Golden Gate Bridge here. There was something about driving across the bridge (Bay, no Golden Gate) with the windows rolled down so your car doesn't drift over the side that I miss. Usually Santana was involved. The Munchkin (my mother) and older brothers would trot out the old stories that wasn't even born for. Yet I know everyone of the people they're talking about. Maybe no in person, but the stories have been recycled so many times it's hard not feel a part of it. Everything happened in San Francisco. My brothers were born there. My parents met there. My grandparents died there. So much attachment to a city barely had a chance to get to know.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdpe7TRGt74&feature=related
*Clef* Diana Ross & the Supremes - "Someday We'll Be Together" *Clef*

A large box of boxes arrived today. Mostly late birthday and Christmas presents I have to ship out to California some time next week. I've stressed over what to get Z-- for quite some time. He's the baby of the family, and possibly a genius. This puts some pressure on the situation. He does math homework for fun. Taught himself how to play chess in two hours. He was six. One has to step up the gift giving or you fail as an older sibling. My first thought was to ply him with candy, however, besides the amusing factor for me since I don't have to be there when he warp-speeds off the wall, it wasn't memorable. I finally choose brain block puzzles and books. Feed the machine. Not the most exciting thing for an eight-year old, but I'm hoping the benefits outweigh the wow! factor. This could be a massive pipe dream but I've got nothing else. He'll grow from this. Without hating me. Hopefully.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tOpwgrqshU
*Clef* Marvin Gaye - "Inner City Blues" *Clef*

Last year I did nothing really productive on WDC. Some new campfires. A few reviews here and there. I don't think I wrote one freakin' poem or short story. This is sad. I'm going to try and fix this. 2012 - the year of writing. Don't get me wrong. I wasn't a complete failure. There is research up the galore on my hard drive. Post-its, hand-written notes, pin boards, pictures. I just haven't done anything with it yet. Yet is the operative word. There will be blood. There will be headaches. There will be my head hitting the wall.
But, by God, there will be writing!



*Clef* Smokey Robinson - "Cruisin'" *Clef*

© Copyright 2012 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743526-Day-Six-Anything-Goes---Motown-Edition