*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743762-Day-Eight-Strengths--Weaknesses
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1523686
Nothing like a fortune cookie to make a year intriguing.
#743762 added January 8, 2012 at 9:30pm
Restrictions: None
Day Eight: Strengths & Weaknesses
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS by: Julie D - PUBLISHED!
The Prompt: What is your greatest strength? What is your biggest weakness? Write about each and why you think it’s a strength or weakness. How would you change either of these things, if you could?
The Music: "Weighty Ghost" - Wintersleep


The Strength. *Up*

         Multitasking.

         There is a great possibility that if you decide to stalk me that I will be doing about three things at once. Maybe four. I've managed six before but almost lost a toe, so that is an experiment I probably will not repeating. The multitasking aspect of my nature gives me a bit of a split brain, but I feel that is part of my charm.

         Consequently, because of this penchant to multitask, I will most likely be wearing my shirt backwards or my sweat pants inside out. Some things have to fall to the wayside if you're doing several things all at the same. It seems only fair the great law of numbers. Sometimes I forget to put on one of my socks. It's a cute look, I swear.


The Weakness. *Down*

         Underestimation.

         I have no sense of time, really. My estimates of time are usually off by at least fifteen minutes. Sometimes it is longer than that. I've been days off at times. That was an awesome experience. Luckily, I was early instead of late. Sure I looked like a fool, but if I had missed the appointment it would have been worse. Still, whether it is cooking or meeting someone for coffee or finishing project, any type of pre-planning usually ends badly for me. My underestimation also includes any type of pain I'm in, any mistake I've made, or how much a situation has gone pear-shaped.

         This has only really screwed me over. There are other people in my family who suffer from this condition much more than I do. This makes me look good, so thanks family! My boyfriend has been an excellent sport about this over the years. A typical conversation will go something like "Sweetie, I have to go put the clothes in the dryer, be back in ten." A soft sigh follows. "Okay then." Twenty-five minutes later. You get the picture. The very mangled picture.

         How to fix this? Never allow me to plan any type of vacation for you. You need a details (except time estimation) kind of girl, give me a ring. You need oddball humor, look no further. You need someone to give you a minute-to-minute breakdown of how the day is going to go, call someone else. Mr. Rogers is a good candidate. Or someone with a working watch.


The Side-Note. *Hand*

         I had one of those nights last night. And kind of today as well. Forgive any mistakes. I'm not really here.
*Silent*



© Copyright 2012 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/743762-Day-Eight-Strengths--Weaknesses