*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/744106-First-Day-of-Class
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#744106 added January 13, 2012 at 12:55pm
Restrictions: None
First Day of Class
First day of Class

Today I opened the workshop. I went back and unlocked all the links to all the pages and levels in the course starting with this weeks lesson. I mentioned that I intended to shadow take the course concurrently with the students. In that way they have examples of what I am looking for in the form of an output.

Well I decided to take the Volusia series I started some weeks ago and stopped writing on it in anticipation of using it for the purposes of this class. So I took the first two vignettes and combined them into my lesson one submission. As a part of the assignment I also filled out the character sketch template and prose sketch of the Central Character.

So the first posting in the classroom forum is the first vignette in my own Exploratory adventure. Since all my students are mature adults I have decided to up the content classification to the 18 plus and leave it 13 plus on the discussion forums. If somebody wants to write about abortion or other mature topics I don’t want to constrain them, but at the same time think the 18+ ceiling is appropriate for the workshop.

I anticipate that there will be questions regarding the finding and posting of images… Where to go on the net to look for them, how to save them to your computer, how they have to be shrunk to less than 400 by 400 and how to get them from your computer to a WDC image that has a unique number. Then perhaps how one uses Writing ML to display them in the text of a document.

Maybe tonight I will elaborate that process in more detail… at least explaining how I have learned to do it through much pain and anguish. Then I will post it as a link like the dictionary Karen and I created.

This morning Mark showed up to clear the yard with his snow blower which we jointly purchased. Then the factory representatives showed up to inspect the cabinets. Now, after finishing this blog, I have to go get some tires for Linda’s car and have them installed this afternoon.

Linda is doing fine at her parents cleaning the house, running errands and taking them on long excursions to the mall and visiting friends and old familiar places. She will be back on Wednesday and I plan to take her out to dinner at the supper club I often write about.

I can’t wait to begin getting some interaction and feedback with the students. This is going to be fun and with what I learned in the One Act Play course, I should be able to do an even better job than in past semesters.

I really like the keyboard on this Compaq laptop computer. I typed this whole blog without any red showing.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/744106-First-Day-of-Class