*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745103-Flying-high-with-winged-eyeliner--mystery-email
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Activity · #1839750
from above we all look like ants yes?(secret novel)
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#745103 added February 24, 2012 at 8:25pm
Restrictions: None
Flying high with winged eyeliner / (mystery email)
8:10 am


okay so....i think i like Eli. Correction, i never stopped liking him. The crappy part about that is that he knows this, I am a bit obvious. Now he has the upper hand, it's whatever. It is also my two days off , 46 hours and counting down .Lets see what i can get into














After having another touchy feely session , Eli left Ava to hurricane around the room looking for a decent outfit. The weather will be sunny , around 80 degrees. It would be one of the first super-warm days this spring. She decided on grey skinny jeans with yellow contrast stitching, a red cropped tank top with a black heart on the front. The jeans made her rear look rounder and the tank top showed off her lower back and tummy , the black heart on the front oddly gave the illusion of bigger boobs. She put on a pair of tan gladiator sandals, and slathered gold shimmer spf on her shoulders before sliding on her favorite gold, two headed snake bracelet on her right wrist. She went back to the bathroom and dusted some gold shimmer on her eyelids, cheekbones, and cleavage. Using the darkest black liner she had she made the winged eyeliner bolder , a trick she often used to make her slanty eyes a bit larger looking. Taking out her hair she thought of Eli , she still can't figure out if he liked her as much as she liked him. Concentrating on her primping , she dabbed her egyptian oil perfume behind her ears. Feeling decently indecent she stuffed her makeup into her cosmetic case and headed back to pack her bag.





Backpack kid , would be one of the terms used for people like her. Like most people in the city part of los Demonios she didnt have a car,and bikes werent too popular here, as they were in bigger cities, so walking and the occasional taxi was her main method of hauling ass. Also , like most people here , usually once ones day started it usually ended a long while after so like a real backpack kid , she usually had a backpack. Most back pack kids were easy to spot. their knapsacks showing wear and tear , customized with pins ,buttons, marker art, dye ,etc. Her's was a lavender grey (custom dyed) , with a red plus sign on the front pocket , like the one seen on vintage doctor bags(it was her ''first aid kit of course''). That was pretty much it as far as customization went , the size was convienient, small enough to not look like a grade schooler , big enough to carry the daily needs.





Ava took a large Altoids tin from her book bag and refilled it from her stash, packing at least 40.00$ worth of pot, along with her pink pipe , 4 E-pills,6 chaser pills, and some rolling papers. Sealing the tin away in the hideaway pouch on the inside of her knapsack , she stuffed her journal in , along with her makeup bag , phone charger , mini sketchbook ,condoms, a thin hoodie, a couple of thin sharpies and calligraphy pens,her wallet & change purse. Putting the back pack on she stuffed her cell phone and ciggarrettes in the back pocket of her jeans , Apartment keys in the front . Despite how complicated getting packed and ready seemed she rarely ever took more than seven minutes, makeup and all , usually she still had some time to herself before any of her freinds decided to wake up.





Leaving the apartment , she locked the door behind her and exited the apartment building. The sun seemed to be paying extra attention to Los Demonios today and it felt great. Before even arranging the days events , Ava headed down Broadway. That was one of the things about los Demonios, it was really easy to get comfy with just existing here , at least in the city region . los demonios actually had many . The Meadow fields area , where she was originally from , had a lot of suburban houses in nieghbooring yards on nieghbooring streets , it had the crappy one story mall , as well as a walmart and fridays . Then there was the North Riverbank region of Los demonios, which was more rural than suburban , the cabin like homes were bigger and farther apart, built on stretches of land covered with trees , one of Ava's ex's lived out there. Then there was Mid pointe rd which was a region that was both a bit suburban and urban at the same time, it low income shopping plazas, restuarants and grocery stores , there were super small suburban homes closer together depending on which i direction you were travelling in Mid Pointe , you could find yourself anywhere else in los demonios , or in any of the next towns over. The entirety of los Demonios had a population of barely 80,000 .Like Ava, most people lived in the city area . Dominions, the word used for people from los Demonios, often complained about living there, but the city itself wasnt horrible at all ,it jus makes one feel as if they have all the time in the world here on earth . It is really jus a matter of finding something worthwhile to do.





As if on cue , Avas phone beeped twice , her freind Jomo texted her: hey lovely *Smile*. its prtty nice outside.lets chill.


she smiled , he always knew when she was up and about. i am headng dwn brdway now wher r yu? she replied, turning sharply into the nearest corner store. The guy at the front counter, Adofo, greeted her with an impish grin ''ELLO miz egypt" he called out. Adofo was from Egypt himself, he was very handsome, with perfect tan skin ,high cheek bones and hazel eyes.He often flirted with Ava when she came into his bodega .





As hot as he was Ava never took it past a greeting, he probably flirted with all the girl customers , and she couldn't quite pinpoint his age . He winked at her as she went to the drink fridge and grabbed two cans of coconut water , and a bag of almonds. "how is everything ?" he asked her as she put the items on the counter, dimples framing his smile , he had really nice lips.......'uhh pretty okay , its nice out the sun feels good " Ava replied, pushing suggestive thoughts out of her head. He nodded and pulled the window curtains apart more "I know i know it looks good, you wear it well ms.egypt'' , he stuffed two newports into her bag "to celebrate a pretty day , no charge" he winked again before handing her her bag. " Thanks Adofo I hope you are not stuck inside all day it is too nice for that " ava replied , trying to reflect the grin he gave her, she just made herself feel odd. "Have a good one" she added before walking back out ontu the street.





Her phone beeped again well im walkin up brdway.meet by the serpent?. definitely.be there in 5 she texted back . The serpent was actually this giant serpent sculpture that protruded out of different parts of the walkway that separated the middle lanes of Broadway . When it came into view she noticed his figure already waiting in the shade of the serpent head. " i got you coconut water " Ava handed one of the cans over to him ' thanks love whats been good i havent seen you in like 2 weeks" He said, pulling her into a hug.


She took in his colonge , it wasnt super strong like most male colonges are, he smelled of sandal wood and baby powder. "you smell nice" he said, voice muffled by her hair , they haven't even smoked yet and were already thinking the same things. She passed him the two newports '' oh yh i got these for free at the bodega up there too" . "you are so bossssss" he exclaimed ,lighting one right away . Ava instinctivley lit one of her own capri ciggarrettes, scanning around them. " so. whats in store for today?''





His eyes went blank for a second , then lit up . " I actually had some stuff to do at the library , if you 're not in the mood ill go another time" he knew Her to well , she practically lived in the library "okay come on lets go" she grabbed his hand and put some rolling papers in it , then passed him the altoid tin ' i still dont know how to roll so you're up. afterward we'll smoke in the park"





The Los Demonios Library was a haven. 2nd to her apartment. It was located by everything else that mattered in the city ( the ferry , the hospital , the community college) . Ironically the fact that it offered nothing more than free knowledge made the library a barrier to most of the undesirables that one can encounter in the city. Ava headed straight for the electronic catalog as Jomo made his way downstairs to the computers. After writing down a couple of books she went downstairs and plopped herself in front of the computer next to him.

© Copyright 2012 eyeshadow cosmonaut (UN: logic_recon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
eyeshadow cosmonaut has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745103-Flying-high-with-winged-eyeliner--mystery-email