*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745108-Unusual-breakfast-were-havin-aint-it
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#745108 added January 21, 2012 at 9:44am
Restrictions: None
Unusual breakfast we're havin', ain't it?
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it.
-Oscar Wilde

The reason I picked this quotes is because I had chocolate ice cream for breakfast. I kept hearing it calling me in the night, which I finally stopped when I got up by eating a bowlful.

Emily, my oldest, had to go somewhere with her school this morning. She's in the junior-high choir. This may sound silly, but I am so happy that they actually call it junior high - that's what I'm used to hearing, not middle school. Anyway, the choir went to some type of choral event this morning in the next town. They had to be at school at 7:00. We made it at 7:05. I think the choir director shows great judgement in these things. She tells everybody to be there at 7:00, then shoots for leaving by 7:15 or 7:30.

Emily just got a guinea pig. She has wanted one for years and years. My husband is the one who objected. He said that it would smell the house up. I can't smell that great - I'm not sure why, but my smeller never has worked that well. My grandmother couldn't taste that well, so maybe I picked it up from her. So I didn't really care about the smell, but I never wanted to spend the money on one. It happened that one of her friends at school had three guinea pigs and needed to get rid of one or two for some reason and was willing to give Emily the cage and everything for free. Therefore all she had to do was talk Daddy into it, since the money aspect was all I cared about. They went Thursday night and got it. It's name is Biscuit. And guess what? Daddy is the one who has fallen in love with this thing. He walks around holding it and hugging on it and talking to it. Ha! I am normally an animal-lover, but I am not that attracted to it. To me a guinea pig is nothing but a rodent. However, if Emily is happy, and unexpectedly Daddy too, who am I to complain, right?

Since I have iTunes on my computer, I am always leaving music on during the day while we are gone for our two doggies. Emily has a TV in her room and our cable network has about 50 music channels, so she leaves it on the classical music channel for Biscuit every day. I bet we have the only guinea pig in Mississippi who listens to classical music.

© Copyright 2012 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745108-Unusual-breakfast-were-havin-aint-it