*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746467-The-White-Stuff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#746467 added February 6, 2012 at 5:42am
Restrictions: None
The White Stuff
Is my luck changing? *Shock*

Sis and I decided to visit one of our cousins in Derby on Friday. It was extremely cold, but well worth the effort. With the loss of our parents *Cry* and a shrinking family, we feel it's important to keep in touch with the blood relatives we have left. We didn't like Stephen much when we were kids, but now we both love him to pieces.

Anyway, it seems for once our timing was right as since then the white stuff has been falling and moving very far isn't an option. This means for the third weekend in a row I haven't seen Mey Ling. I have to keep convincing myself she isn't avoiding me, but it's just down to circumstances. Paul has dropped in today after a night out in Nottingham with his friends, but we thought it best he go home then and we all stay put. Perversely I've missed the grandmonsters today and it's been too Sunday and quiet with just the two of us stuck at home like Darby and Joan.

Hubby has a cold. He says he hasn't got a cold, but the coughing, sneezing, nose blowing and sniffing indicate otherwise. I think it's a ploy so that when I start with the same symptoms he can deny I caught it from him, as he hasn't got a cold. But he has.*Rolleyes*

The highlight of the day has been being able to wear my new lime green, spotted wellies to walk to the new supermarket we have in town. Hell, all the other shops are boarded up or run by charities, so the excitement of a brand new supermarket is almost overwhelming. *Rolleyes*

It has good points and bad, but I have to admit it has the largest and weirdest collection of vegetables I've ever seen. Not something you'd expect in a working class town where even a curry is considered exotic. Some of them are even stored on ice, giving off a strange, eerie vapour. Should the inclement weather continue I may feel the urge to slosh down to the shop again complete with camera and engage in further conversations with erotic vegetables. Lettuce pray for a thaw instead.

© Copyright 2012 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746467-The-White-Stuff