*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747247-Self-Employed
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#747247 added February 21, 2012 at 4:11am
Restrictions: None
Self-Employed
Lethargy
It's the weirdest thing. I go through days of confusion and lethargy where I don't know what I should be doing, or if I should be doing anything at all. I realize that none of the tasks on my to-do list are mandatory. Then I realize that very little is truly mandatory - not just for me, but for everyone. I know it's easy for me to say, since we're managing to pay all our bills, and many families struggle to do that. But everything we do, besides fulfilling biological needs, is a decision we make. And I could choose to do nothing at all.

I must need a vacation.

Company Growth
I conducted a new employee orientation last night. This teacher is a strong percussion instructor, but also very well-rounded, able to teach beginning violin and intermediate piano and voice. *Thumbsup* I have two interviews this afternoon; one with a drama teacher, and one with a guitar, etc. teacher. And then I have an interview on Monday, as well. I'm still swamped with subbing for absent teachers, as well as trying to keep up with student growth, which exploded since the first of the year. But some relief is in sight, and that's welcome.

Advertising Woes
I had hoped that advertising summer camps early this year would encourage enrollments; it hasn't. But people are oblivious. We have signs hanging everywhere announcing our camps, and still, when you ask people, "Do you know about our summer camps?" They say, "No! What's that all about?!" I think we need a new marketing strategy that involves fireworks and a bullhorn.

*** POTENTIAL INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY ***


I hope to expand MTMS   in the fall of 2013. Starting around the first of 2013, I'll be looking for funding sources. Now, I'm not looking for venture capitalists with long-term company ownership. I'm hoping to finance my next start-up strictly with loans, and I want 5% interest. I'd like to defer payments for at least 12 months, although interest would naturally accrue during that time. If you know anything at all about me or my business, you know that anyone who takes advantage of this opportunity will get a guaranteed 5% return on their investment, which is a heck of a lot better than savings accounts and CDs right now. Sooo... if you're interested in participating, shoot me an email.

*** END SHAMELESS MARKETING TACTIC ***


Balance
If you read my blog around the first of the year, you may know that I resolved to improving "Balance" in my life (along with "Body" and "Growth".) My pastor gave me my performance evaluation earlier this week, and he made a point to say that I should be careful not to take on too much responsibility and to spend more time nurturing my relationship with Keith, along with both of our health (because Keith had a heart scare last year, and I've been gaining weight.) Is that weird? Or is that God throwing another brick at my head, saying, DUDE! You promised to balance family with career, and now it's the middle of February, did you forget?? Because, I'm thinking that maybe I forgot.

We had a good Valentine's Day *Heart*, so that's good.

No template today. If you've gotten this far, you've read enough already. *Smile* Peace.

© Copyright 2012 Brandiwyn🎶 (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brandiwyn🎶 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/747247-Self-Employed