*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748504-Shifting-Gears
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#748504 added March 7, 2012 at 9:41am
Restrictions: None
Shifting Gears
Shifting Gears

This morning in my summary statistics I was rather surprised. Everything that had been viewed had to do with my blog or classes. Only one dealt with something I had written creatively and had stashed in my portfolio. That one thing was a chapter from Bedelia, “Unexpected Visitor.” My wife likes the Bedelia material… claims it gives her a warm and fuzzy feeling at times; that I should get off my duff and finish Essence and the Stones. (ES)

This fantasy material in the ES is related and was written at different times in the past couple of years. At first it started in the Valley of the Men and dealt with a coven of witches who ran things. Then it shifted to Bedelia and an Elven Kingdom and the capitol called Tristan City. Finally it developed a third story in the lands of the Empire and dealt with a hybrid called Creedor Kratz and a Simian Elf named Petra. These three separate but related stories gave rise to some very different characters. Book one is “Roughed” out and I mean “Roughed.” It involves Bedelia on the one hand and the Witches in the valley. Book two will deal more with Creedor and Petra.

I have been writing about Felix the cat and her sage of becoming socialized to the house. Linda gave her what was left of her cereal yesterday and Felix was perplexed as to what to do with it. Honey wanted to show her the slurping technique but Felix took a swat at her. Then she dipped her paw into the milk and licked her paw. Honey couldn’t believe what a dumb- ass she was and circled out to paw rang whining.

Yesterday the Installers showed up to put in the replacement cabinets we bought at Lowes. They concluded that the old ones fell apart on the wall as a consequence of three things. These were inadequate support in the design, poor construction and bad installation technique. In the first they were too big and heavy to be just attached to the sheetrock, second it was a bad day in the factory (They must have been Monday cabinets) and finally they were improperly shimmed when they were screwed to the wall. All our dishes and glasses have been lying about in boxes for the past three months and today Linda is putting them back where they belong.

Tomorrow we are going to Madison and get a language tape on French. We want to be up to speed when we go on our trip in the fall. We will be visiting the village I lived in in France when my dad was assigned there and took us after WW2. My brother and his wife will be accompanying us.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748504-Shifting-Gears