*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749280-Prologue-for-Novel-Essence-and-the-Stones
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#749280 added March 21, 2012 at 11:16am
Restrictions: None
Prologue for Novel Essence and the Stones
As promised this is my attempt at integrating the componentry of a proven work with the outline and materials of a novel I am working on. The idea is to use the proven template to overlay the materials of a vignette, outline or or other developmental materials.

Outline of Components for Game of Thrones (GOT)

General: This story is set in six locations. These are North of the Wall, On the Wall, Winterfeld, the Eerie, King’s Landing and “Across the narrow Sea.” The epic moves from one to the next. This is very compatible with Essence and the Stones (ES.) The style of the writing is to integrate the exposition with the dialogue and show the conflicts. There is plenty of foreshadowing and clever exchanges.

Prologue: About 3K words. In ES I see the chapter The Fortress at Myrocena and the discovery of Bedelia as a good prologue. It is one that starts 13 Years earlier.

Characters in GOT:

Ser Waymar Royce: The leader. Youngest son of ancient house…Handsome 18 years old, grey eyed and slender as a knife. A big lad towered over the others.

Gared; Forty years on the Night Watch. A veteran.

Will: Four years on the wall…A skilled hunter….had been a poacher. Stealth-full in the woods. Was a scout.

Synopsis:

Scene 1: Place where main body draws up. They are tracking a band of Wilding Raiders… Will had reported them dead after reconnoitering their campsite. Royce wants to see the bodies. Gared says they froze to death. Royce refutes the claim.

Scene 2: The three move to an intermediate location…. Gared holds the horses while the two go forward to reconnoiter the campsite. The bodies are gone. Royce sends Will up a tree. Figures close in and Royce faces them in combat and is killed. Will climbs down and Royce, now a living dead, grabs him by the throat.

A blend of dialogue, back-story and exposition…approximately 3K words.

Essence and the Stones:

Bedelia
Cpt Rogoletti
Cpt Vladmir Tropolof: Hero of Myrocenia and father of Martha.

Scene 1: In ES I plan to introduce Captains Rogoletti and Tropolof and the breaching of the gate.

Bullets… council of war, storming the gate the death of Cpt Tropolof.

Scene 2: In the fortress and the rescue of Bedelia.

Bullets. In the locked room… commotion in the hall… Bedelia meets Cpt Rogotelli… Psychic lament.

I am starting with the prologue. You can read it at "Prologue to Essence and the Stones [E]

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749280-Prologue-for-Novel-Essence-and-the-Stones