*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749676-Percy-Goodfellow-2-Diet
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#749676 added March 27, 2012 at 9:46am
Restrictions: None
Percy Goodfellow 2 Diet
Percy Goodfellow 2 Diet

My wife and I watched HUGO last night on the portable CD viewer. We don’t want a TV in our bedroom so when we want to watch one in bed we use this little laptop type. Linda said it won an Emmy for cinematography. It wasn’t something that really grabbed me but the imagery was vivid.

Yesterday I did a couple of chapters on E&S. It is coming along. It isn’t getting any worse using my template approach and I need to give it time to see what the full effect will be. While I was writing I got a call from a girl from a self-publishing company I inquired into. I’m thinking about doing that when I get finished to see how it pans out. I will pretend this marketing girl is a real editor giving me hell to make a deadline.

If you have ever been antiquing you have seen these proclaim doll tops under which used to attach a pin cushion. I found a box with several of the old pin cushions and attached one to a top I had. I am not into dolls but this one was very well rendered and the cushion-dress that holds the sewing pins really made it look nice.

I am on a new dietI caled Percy Goodfellow 2. It consists of eating as little as possible for breakfast, a normal lunch and as little as possible for supper. It is based upon the calorie concept that if you take in less than your burn the result is losing weight. My wife is not supportive of this dapproach but a man has to act on his instincts (to a point) or risk losing his identity in old age. Women seem to get stronger and men weaker as a natural trend in the life cycle.

I’ll be going to see how things are coming with my 1940 Ford Sedan today. I know the shop swapped out the roof and are working on the floor. That will be a major accomplishment when it’s finished. Actually it is starting to look like a car once more.

Last year I planted some strawberries in the flower bed we had landscaped. They survived the winter after I threw some mulch over them. They are poking up everywhere along with the Stella-Doros. Its way too early and I suspect we will get a killer frost that will come in and wipe everything out as it usually does. One year I planted forty tomatoes in May and ZAP! They were all dead. Then another year they got the blight. It seems that tomatoes either do great or do awful. When they do well Linda freezes them in zip-lock bags and we use them in chili all winter.

We have a grocery store that bakes the greatest bread. That is one of the things I need to watch because on a low carb diet, bread and French-fries are a huge temptation. This morning I was rewarded by dropping below a ten pound benchmark increment. Yippy!

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/749676-Percy-Goodfellow-2-Diet