*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750334-Write-even-in-the-dark-and-cold
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#750334 added April 6, 2012 at 8:54am
Restrictions: None
Write... even in the dark and cold
Good Friday; it is still dark out and only my monitor illuminates the keyboard. You can imagine me going at letter-by-letter typing pace. I-t s-e-e-m-s s-o u-s-e-l-e-s-s t-y-p-i-n-g a-t- t-h-i-s p-a-c-e. It is like this because I am staring at my keyboard. And this is because I never loosened up enough over making mistakes that I never built up the confidence to truly touch type.

The underlying reasons for avoiding the joys and purpose in my life are trivial. Today they should die and become like dust. I have strength that confounds some people. I notice and appreciate certain things. I keep going even when it hurts. I can get really excited about an idea or about some action that will take place, and then I can withdraw -- silent, alone and still happy, thoughtful, working it out.

What I am noticing right now is that the birds are already up and singing. How people have lost perspective with nature. If daylight savings time were not in effect, it would be a quarter to five in the morning. And part of me is amazed that birds are awake singing, but a wiser part of me knows it has always been so. Birds do not follow modern convention. And being drawn to the family of birds, all the variety in their species...it is not romantic of me; not because they fly, but because they know.

I have triumphed over my small objection to the morning cold and tempered my hero worship for the snooze button on my alarm. I wrote for twenty minutes. I can do more now that i have arisen.


Best line from Tin Man (2007)
"You know you really should do something about that BITTER cynicism of yours Cain."

Cain:
"Why? Someones gotta keep your wide eyed optimism in check."
DDOSF gift courtesy of Highwind

© Copyright 2012 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750334-Write-even-in-the-dark-and-cold