*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750524-Hope-Springs
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#750524 added April 9, 2012 at 11:23am
Restrictions: None
Hope Springs
There is a tulip plant growing in my yard. I can not recall ever having planted it but it blooms every Spring in bright yellow bursts. This morning the buds were just starting to open, the cheerful color just visible among the green. There are healthy looking buds on my rose bush and the hastas are also beginning to push through the soil...more foliage I inherited when I bought the house years ago. There are also lots of new shoots and buds on my dwarf lilac, a contribution to the landscape I made myself several years ago. Spring, it appears, is beginning to show itself in my corner of the world. My daughter is more than happy to shed her thick winter coats for lighter jackets that don't confine her pumping legs and swinging arms as she charges out into sun. It takes more and more effort to lure her back inside after the still chilly air has painted her cheeks a rosy red. I can see now that my little one will be an adventurous child of the sun and sky and not the introverted bookworm her mother was.

Perhaps with all these signs of Spring, I will find new reserves of energy, be newly inspired to dream, to plan, to write. it seems far too often these days, I think in pessimistic terms. It is just that one gets so tired of treading water, of just getting by.

© Copyright 2012 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750524-Hope-Springs