*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750702-Wake-Up
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#750702 added April 13, 2012 at 10:14am
Restrictions: None
Wake Up
Wake Up!

I don’t know about you but I find the divisiveness being used by the current administration to hold onto political power to be troubling. They see the border problem in terms of potential voters who will shift the balance of power in their favor. They foster what is called class warfare emphasizing the gap between the very wealthy and the lower economic spectrum. Everything is seen in terms, not of what will serve the best interests of the country but rather the best interests of their party.

I am hardly what would be considered well off but in my view wealthy people need to control how money is invested in goods and services. Whenever the government tries to do it, particularly the current administration, they make a mess of things. Governments are simply incapable of making the quick changing investment decisions with the agility and aptitude of an army of bright entrepreneurs.

Entrepreneurs are rewarded by making money and as they do everybody benefits. So what if they have mansions, yachts and a lavish life style? The money they spend to maintain it is a further source of jobs. However, the service they perform is to bring investment capital (Far in excess of their personal lavish lifestyle) into sectors of the economy that benefit most from their investments. This means jobs. Taking their wealth means the government thinks it can make better investments and the sad truth is that the government can’t. Look at how the Soviet Union wound up. Sure everybody had a job but they were crap jobs and the average person got paid a pittance and what they did get paid couldn’t buy anything. Remember those long lines when consumer goods arrived in the stores?

America is changing under this administration and it is definitely for the worse. The day of reckoning is coming as we allow our deficits to go out of control. The next bail out will be the Unions who have raided their pension funds which are beginning to look like the Social Security trust fund. I am not a champion of unbridled Capitalism and the excesses it fosters, however setting up a socialist state is not the answer either. We have gone far enough with this experiment to see where it is heading. It is heading the same way socialist governments always head. The most capable eventually give up trying and striving and the power becomes vested in clumsy fools making investments like Solendra.

The really frightening part is that the laws of the land are being politicized and those enforced are those that current administration uses to foster their agenda. Class Warfare will lead only to disregarding ultimately the laws that protect the disadvantaged. Militant groups that encourage members to take retribution based on miss conceptions fostered by a biased media will soon find themselves without the very safeguards that protect them from the consequences of being unproductive and insisting on something for nothing.

Everybody can’t be rich and expect a living that they don’t work to earn. We need to have jobs during our productive lives and that means we can’t sit idly by doing nothing. We need rich people’s money to finance and manage those jobs. Taking money from the rich shrinks and dries up that pool of resources that can be creatively put to work in growing our economy.

If you want to see slavery then let the government put everybody on the dole and see how you like that outcome. The new ruling class will be the bureaucrats controlling our lives more than they already do. See how you like that bumbling swarm of incompetents taking over everything and completely "regulating" your life.

© Copyright 2012 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/750702-Wake-Up