*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751443-Weather
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#751443 added April 21, 2012 at 10:40pm
Restrictions: None
Weather
Tonight my husband played the violin at a wedding. It was in a part of town I had never been to: Jackson, Mississippi is bigger than you think. Actually, this was in a suburb, Flowood, which is north of Jackson, and I live in Richland, which is kind of east-ish. The wedding was at a great big antebellum (pre-Civil War) house. I am sure that when this couple planned their outside wedding, they felt fairly safe picking a late April date. Usually late April is the best time to have an outdoor wedding: any later and it would have been too hot until almost November. However, this IS Mississippi, and weird things happen. It was so cold that hubby could barely play the violin and had to tape his music to the stand to keep the pages from blowing away. I'm not complaining, mind you. I like it when it turns cool unexpectedly, but I know the bride couldn't have been thrilled. Rain was threatening too: I wondered whether the facility had an alternate plan or not. I was worried that it would start pouring down any moment.

I always feel a little sorry for people who are just getting married. They think they have hit the jackpot, but they have a long row to hoe.

© Copyright 2012 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751443-Weather