*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751536-Wet-Wet-Wet
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#751536 added April 23, 2012 at 1:24pm
Restrictions: None
Wet Wet Wet
Every time I look at the television lately I hear reports of empty reservoirs, hosepipe bans and water shortages. Admittedly it has been a very dry winter by comparison, but this being England I see no reason to panic as our precipitation generally turns up eventually no matter what time of year it is.

Last week I spent a few days in the beautiful city of York with some of my gals. We booked this a long time ago and were looking forward to getting out and about and enjoying the sights. A very reasonable price too with seats booked on the train and a lovely hotel right by the river and city walls. We planned on walking around those, but you know all about best laid plans.

We arrived in York on Tuesday full of enthusiasm and although it was pretty cold, the sun shone brightly. After settling into our hotel rooms we set off for some sustenance and exploration. By late afternoon dark clouds blotted out the sun and we headed for the nearest pub just in case the heaven's opened.

April is notorious for its showers and we only had the one. The fact it lasted from Tuesday evening to Thursday afternoon when we caught our train home made sure there was no chance of walking those walls, spending much time out of doors or going anywhere without raincoats and brollies. Thankfully York has 460 pubs...

So it seems I am still officially a weather witch and extreme conditions follow me wherever I go. If I hear the word drought mentioned again I may just put my foot through the television screen.

Photo link below. Hope it works as I'm still learning with this new iMac and iPhoto.


https://picasaweb.google.com/Eyupmeduck/YorkApril2012?authuser=0&feat=directlink...

© Copyright 2012 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751536-Wet-Wet-Wet